• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Sub-Mariner #8 - The Thing!

43 posts in this topic

i'll be at the WC in february aren't you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif so the bet is if it doesn't get at least a 8.0 you lose right?. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif if so we then have an accord. wink.gif

I will be at the dinner thumbsup2.gif but conventions are not my gig. yeahok.gif Yes, that is the bet. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

guys - please get the bet straight or we'll have more BS going down. it sounds like Supa wants the grade by WC in february. sending it econ to CGC won't get that done. so if I were david i'd just hold off and have it graded on-site since, A) i get my book back sooner and B) i win more since the econ on-site will be $25 more...........(of course this all presumes that david knows what he's talking about.....) devil.gif

for the record, my initial grading was the same as Dice 7.5 - 8.0........once you get past that rough upper edge and creased ULC, the rest is pretty Choice..... grin.gif

BTW; i'm seriously considering using some of my gazillion air miles and coming out to SF in february. there are lots of board members out there i'd like to meet and San Francisco is one of the only major cities in america that i've never stepped foot into...........

Harry,

We would love to have you come out for WC. All the Bay Area forumites are very fun, enthusiastic and knowledgeable guys. I promise it would be well worth your time.

EDIT - Removed erroneous comment about on-site grading at WonderCon.

Nah, according to FFB, all those strung-out CGC guys are all stressed out in the grading booth during the on-site work . . . I want a nice cool, collected bunch lookin' at my stuff (that and the Ben Franklin's taped to page 1 insure that the ahem, necessary care is taken . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif)

stooges.gif

I think an 8.0 is a good conservative guess. The black cover shows the minor wear quite a bit. What does the upper left front cover scratch/stress look like in person?

Dan

The cover gloss is awesome, and the black is much deeper than the scan allows. The ULFC stress is light enough that there is no corresponding stress to the URBC. I've got a couple of these to compare this one with.

And in hand, it simply blows away the #1 I have posted.

hi.gif

uh...word is they're doing it. gossip.gif

I had heard from Steve and Paul within the last couple of months that they are not doing on-site grading at WonderCon but that they are doing it at WW Los Angeles. When and from whom did you hear that they were doing on-site at WonderCon?

San Francisco is one of the only major cities in america that i've never stepped foot into...........

893whatthe.giffrustrated.gifscrewy.gif

You should come to WonderCon. foreheadslap.gif

Absolutely! We'd love to have you guys out here! thumbsup2.gif

San Francisco is one of the only major cities in america that i've never stepped foot into...........

893whatthe.giffrustrated.gifscrewy.gif

You should come to WonderCon. foreheadslap.gif

Absolutely! We'd love to have you guys out here! thumbsup2.gif

i'm looking into it as we speak.................. grin.gif

FN+ 6.5 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgossip.gif

As low bidder, Supe - you're on! I personally guarantee that this book will be graded 8.0 AT A MINIMUM by CGC.

I win - you pay the grading fee.

You win - I pay you the grading fee.

Whaddya say? ( gossip.gifmeow gossip.gif)

Well Supa, time to pay up!

Got the grade today:

Sub-Mariner #8 8.0 O/W sumo.gif

Merci beaucoup,

-d

I think an 8.0 is a good conservative guess. The black cover shows the minor wear quite a bit. What does the upper left front cover scratch/stress look like in person?

Dan

Kudos to Dan, as the only one to nail it (without a hedge!) hail.gif

- divad