• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

Went to 3 LCS earlier to pick up my pull list,

I don't know if it just my city, but the whole 20-30 minutes I was there, almost every 5-10 minutes someone will come in to check if the stores have Strain:Night Eternal 1.

None of my LCS have it. One only pre-ordered 3.

Should be a small print run

I went to a couple stores today hoping to snag one, nada.

The pre-order for this issue was before the pilot aired so not really given attention that time and now people are looking for them but I am assuming print run should be low. Should be a good one for modernists

Perhaps the "master" is Hitler?

I don't usually post book spoilers, but I have read them and will confirm for everyone that the master is not Hitler. Thank god.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/08/19/fx-renews-the-strain-from-guillermo-del-toro-carlton-cuse/14292013/

I found it interesting the part in the article where FX Networks chief John Landgraf said in a statement accompanying the announcement "We've never had any doubts about The Strain." and "We look forward (to) having it on FX for as long as Carlton, Guillermo and Chuck Hogan need to tell this epic tale."

Think that is code for it'll keep being renewed for at least five seasons. hm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/19/the-strain-renewed-for-second-season

Also its averaging 11 million viewers weekly factoring in video on demand. ^^

The episodes just keep getting better. Don't want to spoil but the end of tonight's episode adds a whole new twist.

+1 Well said. (thumbs u

+2

This show freaking rocks!! It is literally the only show that I watch on actual TV so that I can watch it "live".

I brought my phone so I could surf during commericals. I didn't notice as much tonight.

Great episode. The series just keeps getting better.

Those kids mom sure got fugly fast.

She was super 'ephing' creepy... The way she was crawling and stalking.

FX has a hit on their hands.

So just for those who have read the books.

Did Quinlan's strike force save those kids in the book? I thought the ending for the kids was different. I didn't think Quinlan made an appearance until Gus gets out of jail?

Episode tonight was just as good as the rest. They building so far. I would love for a flashback to the how he gets his original body from the 7 footer in the 1500s.

Was it me, or did the commercial breaks not seem as bad tonight?

I have them timed to just over 3 minutes for commercials so I was doing some light reading in between. Had to start doing something as it is the only show I watch live and I HATE commercials with a passion

So I finished the third book last night before the show. So damn bada$$. If they stick with the books as closely as they have been, the show will be fantastic.

Of course then I fell asleep halfway through the episode lol