• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Strain TV Show Discussion Thread

689 posts in this topic

Such a great show, it flies by faster every week after the initial slow start and the WW2 backstory was sooooooo good! Aside from the 1st issue I haven't read anything else from the series, unlike WD I want to be surprised here, so at the end my GF and I were like who they hell are those guys? Whoa!

Loved the episode it gets better every week.

The name of those guys are .......

The first Appearance of THE Born and Mr Quinlan (The one that talks to the children is Mr Quinlan) :news:

The first Appearance of THE Born and Mr Quinlan (The one that talks to the children is Mr Quinlan) :news:

Not sure if this is what you meant, but...

Mr. Quinlan is The Born.

Such a great show, it flies by faster every week after the initial slow start and the WW2 backstory was sooooooo good! Aside from the 1st issue I haven't read anything else from the series, unlike WD I want to be surprised here, so at the end my GF and I were like who they hell are those guys? Whoa!

Skip the comic adaptation and read the books.

Mr. Quinlan is The Born.

I meant Mr Quinlan is part of the born

I disagree Solar. I've pointed out the article Carlton Cuse has made the tv show will follow the books yes but also be more in depth and take it other places. If you think it'll -script solely by each book you'll be disappointed. Still this show is taking elements from the books Del Toro co-wrote and the comic book series.

Mr. Quinlan is The Born.

I need to watch this latest episode, but

in the books, The Born is just another name for Quinlan - he's the only Born. Maybe they changed it for the show.

I disagree Solar. I've pointed out the article Carlton Cuse has made the tv show will follow the books yes but also be more in depth and take it other places. If you think it'll -script solely by each book you'll be disappointed. Still this show is taking elements from the books Del Toro co-wrote and the comic book series.

I don't care if the show expands on the books. Where did you get that from my post? That would be great.

Mr. Quinlan is The Born.

I need to watch this latest episode, but

in the books, The Born is just another name for Quinlan - he's the only Born. Maybe they changed it for the show.

I did not read the books but in the comic books The born are a group and Mr Quinlan is in The Born

Maybe it wasn't all your post but some theories are saying season 1 = first book, season 2 = 2 and so on...I just feel like with Cuse's track record things will be changed and mixed mashed around to add further layers and creativity. I feel like some of the tv episodes take panels right out of the comic books as well. All hail Stain. lol

Love the Natzi back in time scenes and must say Richard Sammel is having a breakout role in this show. ^^

a plot that advances only because every character is clueless and does stupid things does not make for a well-written show.

I think your statement above is probably indicative of a large portion of the real world poulation. I think a large portion of my life fits here doh!

a plot that advances only because every character is clueless and does stupid things does not make for a well-written show.

That statement describes nearly every hollywood movie and tv show on for the last 35 plus years. Its called escapism and entertainment. Novels and comic books are the same way its a place for people to escape real life for a while.

Spoiler Alert..........Vampires are not real shhhh its a secret. :roflmao: