• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Movies that Suck Thread

169 posts in this topic

This is a thread which welcomes & encourages an open, frank discussion of well deserved negative criticism leveled at comic book & genre movies.

With this thread, we can avoid trolling threads dedicated to praising such films.

This movie just bored me. lol

Superman_Returns.jpg

It was. And really stupid. "I'm just gonna watch my dad get sucked up into a tornado and killed while I stand around and do nothing". lol He's as fast as the Flash, yet he couldn't save his father without anyone seeing him? lol

The best part was the beginning. I enjoyed the Krypton scenes. :)

Superman_Returns.jpg

It was. And really stpid. "I'm just gonna watch my dad get sucked up into a tornado and killed while I stand around and do nothing". lol He's as fast as the Flash, yet he couldn't save his father without anyone seeing him? lol

You have to keep your DC hatefest straight when burning that flame.

You are talking about 'Man of Steel' - not 'Superman Returns'.

:applause:

Superman_Returns.jpg

It was. And really stpid. "I'm just gonna watch my dad get sucked up into a tornado and killed while I stand around and do nothing". lol He's as fast as the Flash, yet he couldn't save his father without anyone seeing him? lol

doh! Guess I shoulda read the title at the bottom. lol

Superman Returns is a no brainer. Why even bring it up? I forgot that movie even existed. lol

Every Spider-Man movie, the last two Iron Man movies, the last half hour or so of the Dark Knight, the last hour or so of Dark Knight Rises.

You have to be a child to enjoy the Spider-Man movies. That will never change. Spidey is the number 1 character as far as marketing to children.

IM3 Did anyone else find the "anxiety" scenes giving them... well, anxiety? lol

And what was up with the MacGuyver scenes? And the armor always falling apart like it was made out of Tupperware? And the scenes with the little kid? They felt forced. (shrug)

Superman_Returns.jpg

doh! Guess I shoulda read the title at the bottom. lol

Superman Returns is a no brainer. Why even bring it up? lol

It's a Marvel mistake. No worries.

Marvel’s Joe Quesada Disappointed In Man Of Steel, Says It Made Zod The Hero

Quesada added, “Zod, in this particular incarnation, struck me as not necessarily an evil man, but a man of…he had a particular…he had his orders, he had a mission. He was a zealot of sorts, but he was a zealot…again, correct me if I’m wrong… but he didn’t say, ‘I want to rebuild Krypton, and then come back and destroy this little planet. All I want is to rebuild this planet. And the only reason I’m blowing everything to bits here is because you’ve got what I want, and you’re not giving it to me. So please, give me my people, and I’ll leave.”

I think what is required is you order your Marvel 'Let's hate Man of Steel' movie kit. It is a Superman poster you put on the wall. Then cook the Marvel popcorn pack that comes with the kit (don't read the ingredients - you don't want to know what is in it). Finally, sit in front of the poster for at least two hours.

Afterwards, just start posting things based on some of the details you read online. Like Zod was going to leave the Earth of he was given the Codex.

I never read that. Still didn't. The Krypton scenes were interesting. The rest... not so much. I guess that's why it disappointed at the box office and they didn't make a Man of Steel II. Oh well, they put Supes in with Bats for the next movie to try to drum up some interest. We'll see how it goes, but there's no feeling of anticipation among the general public (non nerds) like there is with AVENGERS 2.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE !!!! :applause: (thumbs u :):banana:

You definitely ate the popcorn.

muCnifz.png

'Man of Steel' outperformed The Incredible Hulk and Captain America: The First Avenger, and matched the results of Thor when it comes to profit ratio.

When it comes to worldwide box office results, the only Marvel Studio movies that topped it were Iron Man 3 and The Avengers.

That too much facts for ya?

:baiting: