• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it considered krapping when ...

30 posts in this topic

He's asking $175 SHIPPED for the two books(sold as a pair) and it's 500% off GPA??

#2 $63

#3 $80

Total $143

Must be that new math. :ohnoez:

Looks like the thread was changed.

In a case like this it would be a kindness to PM the seller first to make sure it was not a typo or copy/paste issue when reusing text from a previous sales thread. If they refuse to do so and think the can catch a live one here on the boards...well, that's a different story.

He's asking $175 SHIPPED for the two books(sold as a pair) and it's 500% off GPA??

#2 $63

#3 $80

Total $143

Must be that new math. :ohnoez:

So $30 would be a fair offer? :kidaround:

He edited his mistake.

Well, since I posted this thread, the sales thread was changed. So yes, $397 is 530%

Ah, well then, context does make a difference!

I would have been all over it at $397, $175 shipped sounds too good to be true, so I'll pass. :insane:

(it is a decent price, for sure)

If he quotes GPA and its pretty obvious its wrong or a typo then I think its cool to point out the error. PM would probably work just as well.

There was some incorrect GPA information in the sellers initial post which someone else questioned and I then confirmed as being incorrect.

It was all done politely and the seller appears to be grateful. I assumed it was all just a mistake and I hope that if I accidentally quote incorrect info, someone will politely correct me.