• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Showcase 22 CGC 1.5

39 posts in this topic

cool pick up randy!

Thanks Bobby ! I've been picking up a ton of books lately !

Man I love those Marvel boards I picked up from you and have one mounted on my sons wall already ... it's the Dr. Doom ! (thumbs u

:applause:

:takeit: if the other deal falls through.

Well I’m going to assume after Tuffy posted the “I’ll take it” then the deal between he and the seller must have fallen thru because the seller then posted this …

Still up for grabs. From this point forward first :takeit: wins over any ongoing negotiations. Price reduced to $525
in which I the claimed the book.

If the deal collapsed between Tuffy and seller then the book is mine, if not and there was just a mistake then the seller can refund my money and sell the book to Tuffy. Not a big deal …

Sorry to disappoint you boys and girls (and Harvey) but put away your graemlins. If you think this is the thread where you’re gonna line up in glee and pile on for a plate of steaming rocky mountain oysters then you’re in the wrong place as this isn’t the thread and it’s not Friday … I’m not going to fight over a funny book.

It’s only comic book :ohnoez:

A true gentleman right here !

:applause:

xxx ooo

Rupp

Do not appear to be any rules at the start of the thread. Tuffy added a condition. OP re-listed. Comeaux complied with the then-only set of rules. BUT, Comeaux has graciously offered to unwind it if Tuffy wants the book.

Condition? ???

A stretch, but yes. Condition being if he doesn't take it, I will.

But it is all beside the point, which is no rules set = Seller free to sell to whom, how, and on what terms (other than price which was detailed).

NOT saying this is clean by any means, but it is all a tempest in a teapot b/c of how graciously Comeaux offered to forego the book. He's right, it's just a comic book.

Do not appear to be any rules at the start of the thread. Tuffy added a condition. OP re-listed. Comeaux complied with the then-only set of rules. BUT, Comeaux has graciously offered to unwind it if Tuffy wants the book.

To say that Tuffy's Take It was conditional is a real stretch. I'm just concerned

we don't set a precedent here where you can simply start all over in the middle of a sales thread and ignore previous Take It's.

To say that Tuffy's Take It was conditional is a real stretch. I'm just concerned

we don't set a precedent here where you can simply start all over in the middle of a sales thread and ignore previous Take It's.

Agreed. Very messy, potentially, but only an issue (again) if Tuffy wants the book. Actually, even then, not an issue. See Comeaux' post.

Agreed, since Tuffy is not formally challenging this, there is no problem here. Also, kudos to Comeaux for his offer to do the right thing. However, the concept of a seller using this technique ' From this point forward first :takeit: wins over any ongoing negotiations.' in the middle of a thread concerns me.

I just don't think that's the way it should work. (shrug)

Both Tuffy and Comeaux have been nice enough to offer it to the other. But why wouldn't they as not doing so would make them look like a complete heel.

The book should be Tuffy's.

PS: couldn't find the general thread discussion so am chiming in here.

My apologies for not setting the rules in the first post. As I said I don't usually sell on here. In the future I will set the rules right away. I really didn't mean to cause a big stink.

The situation has seemed to resolve itself between the parties. The best thing you can do is close the thread and stop posting in it or the busy bodies will continue to hound you and stir up drama.