• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Jones' Hulk

7 posts in this topic

I haven't read his Hulk yet, but I just recently bought and read the old EC ripoffs "Twisted Tales" and "Alien Worlds" that he did most of the writing for, and he's definitely a great writer.

Oh, and Bruce Jones' Hulk is fair... of course, the Hulk has never exactly been a compelling character to me. Bruce's take has been interesting so far though, and after this last issue I can't wait to see the battle! Dammit, there had better be a battle ONE of these days. If not, I'm going to suggest that they start advertising the Hulk as a Big Green Brenda Starr.

Bruce Jones has been pretty good on the Hulk. Nothing spectacular though, and as MK has said we have hardly seen the big green guy much less seen him in action. frown.gif

Jones has been doing a good job of building tension, but far too ponderously, its definately time for more ACTION.

The best thing about the run IMHO has been Kaere Andrews (sp?) amazing covers. Very innovative.

The covers have stood out. Very original stuff. Liked the "Hulk Pops" issue. I bought 2 copies. It was hilarious.

Deodato's art in issue 50 looked pretty darn good.

Even though as a whole I've enjoyed Jones run, I agree we should have a little more Hulk showing up.

Maybe he can give us a little back-from-the-dead-action and bring back Jarella. Loved that girl.

grin.gif