• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

October 25 Portland, Oregon small little show

15 posts in this topic

Frankenstein's Comic Swap

Tri-Monthly Comic Book Show that focuses on readers of cheap comics.

Noon-6pm at the Eagle's Lodge 4904 SE Hawthorne Portland, OR 97215.

$1 door fee, kids and elders free, $5 early bird (11-Noon)

After spending the night in Portland with Mrs. Toast. We took in some fine dining and fun, a friend's art show opening and taking in Portland.

On Saturday I strolled this 'small little show' which was actually pretty alright. I bought a copy of Goon 1 (Avatar) that I'd been looking for at really good price.

I stopped and talked to Stumptown and saw my good friends from I Like Comics shopping there. They had an open bar with someone using an old school film projector to play episodes of the Batman TV show. I wish I had gotten there earlier. I did manage to find a few books and that was about it.

I was there maybe an hour or so, and then Mrs. Toast and I drove around Portland and headed to lunch, then home.

Most everyone seemed pretty busy all day long. It was me solo all day so didn't get to walk around as much as I would have liked.

One guy had 15 comics for a dollar of decent newer vintage stuff I think he started with 20 shorties and was down to 4 or so by end of day.

I don't think there were any "wall" type books and didn't see any slabs but everyone seemed mostly happy with selection. It was nice to pay just a buck admission and not hang with C list actors.

The organizers are hoping to do this show 3 times a year and I would give them a thumbs up on that and can only see it growing.

Same location and info as below.

This was a lot of fun back in July when I had two tables. I'm expanding to three tables so come show your love at the Comics Adventure booth

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frankensteins-Comicbook-Swap/294227290741062?ref=br_tf

No worries about waiting in line for Stan Lee sigs or Lou Ferrigno handshakes.

Just announced as celebrity guest: no one!

This was awesome last time. I'm definately going again. Felt like an old show at an elks lodge like back in the day. Everyone was friendly, and having a good time. Not tons of books, but some good deals to be had. I got a mark millar Fantastic 4 HC for $3, and american vampire 3-32 for 25 cents each. Definately want to do everything I can to support shows like this happening in portland more.

Two days away!

Keep waiting for that Hot Flips or Mysterio bump.

I have four tables with about 50 shorties of 50 centers (alphabetical if not numerical) and 30 of more expensive but not too expensive stuff.

Next Frankenstein show is Saturday, February 28 from noon to 6, early bird at 11.

Still no efforting to get any celebrity guests. Just announced that Stan will not be signing.

Admission is 1 buck.

There are usually 20 or 25 vendors I think.

I will be there with at least three tables of .10/.50/and up books plus some comic book cover magnets.

Same location and info as below.

This was a lot of fun back in July when I had two tables. I'm expanding to three tables so come show your love at the Comics Adventure booth

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frankensteins-Comicbook-Swap/294227290741062?ref=br_tf

No worries about waiting in line for Stan Lee sigs or Lou Ferrigno handshakes.

Just announced as celebrity guest: no one!

Truck loaded with

35+ shorties of medium to great stuff

60+ fifty centers,

four boxes of Walking Dead, all 9.8 slabs

four other boxes of random CGCs

three boxes of comics priced at .10

oodles of comic book cover magnets

Show starts at 11 am for early birds and noon for everyone else. Noon admission is $1.

I'll try and take pics this time and post later.