• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT AN AWESOME BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49 posts in this topic

my FF#11 (9.4) pulled in 7x's NM- guide but it was one of four known copies. i think the distinction of being the only copy of one of the toughest three SA Marvels to find in HG is what's driving the asking price.

question; i assume For Sale Only means there's no official considerations to lower offers?? i'm sure Doug could be contacted directly to work something out if SilverSurfer is really interested............. grin.gif

Just a sec, I have Doug on the other line. 27_laughing.gif

And please don't trot out the 'but it's the second appearance of Thor' line. This book was hardly even on the radar befor CGC came along, and was certainly not even remotely close to being a 30K book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very few books were remotely close to being 30K books before CGC came along. CGC definitely highlighted just how hard it was to find early JIMs in true NM, which has caused prices to skyrocket.

What TTh2 said, and as the more time goes on and no other HG copies pop up on the census the rarity factor looks better and better for this book.

Take out a loan & buy the book. Money where the mouth is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why am I not surprised by your response? foreheadslap.gif No need to get your shorts in a knot as its only the asking price, just look at the final sale prices on the Sgt Fury and the Hulk issues in the vault. This book would appeal to the high grade BSD, J.I.M. collector (not us pikers) that want to complete a full run but I'm sure you could get a mid grade copy on the cheap. Merry Christmas.

Sure thing, Mr. All Talk, No Action. screwy.gif

Doug requested that I don't name the fandom member, as he apparently isn't a fan of CGC.

I see he's fan enough to use it to maximize his profit 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hypocrite! sumo.gif

Duh, the fandom member sold the books in the 70s dork! screwy.gif

So why would the seller of the now slabbed collection give a rats' arse what the fandom collector thinks 3 decades down the road? For all the 70s fandom Original Owner knows or anyone else for that matter, they could be different books in the slabs being hyped as part of this more recognized collection. what's screwy.gif is giving any consideration to what the OO thinks about you selling his FORMER books 30 years down the road? Why is the current seller doing this? Does the fandom OO have more books this dealer can exploit him for? tongue.gifpoke2.gif

and Greggy...YOU SUCK! 27_laughing.gif

Hey, I don't care so screw u. Just passing along with Doug Sulipa said. Jerk! tongue.gif
My word is like Galactus'. Just like he never reneged on his promise to devour the Earth! 893applaud-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

PROVE IT!

FIX YOUR QUOTES! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Fix what? confused-smiley-013.gif

Later....dork! flowerred.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

Hello Darthdiesel,

greggy, a Collectors' Society Member, used our contact form to send you the following message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You suck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may click here to reply to this message.

If you would like to turn off the ability for others to send you messages with this system, please log in to the Collectors' Society site, and select the "No Contact" option on the "My Profile" page.

Regards,

Certified Collectors' Society

Doug requested that I don't name the fandom member, as he apparently isn't a fan of CGC.

I see he's fan enough to use it to maximize his profit 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hypocrite! sumo.gif

Duh, the fandom member sold the books in the 70s dork! screwy.gif

So why would the seller of the now slabbed collection give a rats' arse what the fandom collector thinks 3 decades down the road? For all the 70s fandom Original Owner knows or anyone else for that matter, they could be different books in the slabs being hyped as part of this more recognized collection. what's screwy.gif is giving any consideration to what the OO thinks about you selling his FORMER books 30 years down the road? Why is the current seller doing this? Does the fandom OO have more books this dealer can exploit him for? tongue.gifpoke2.gif

and Greggy...YOU SUCK! 27_laughing.gif

Hey, I don't care so screw u. Just passing along with Doug Sulipa said. Jerk! tongue.gif
My word is like Galactus'. Just like he never reneged on his promise to devour the Earth! 893applaud-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

PROVE IT!

FIX YOUR QUOTES! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Fix what? confused-smiley-013.gif

Later....dork! flowerred.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

Hello Darthdiesel,

greggy, a Collectors' Society Member, used our contact form to send you the following message:

You suck!

You may click here to reply to this message.

If you would like to turn off the ability for others to send you messages with this system, please log in to the Collectors' Society site, and select the "No Contact" option on the "My Profile" page.

Regards,

Certified Collectors' Society

Just testing the EMAIL system! insane.gif

And please don't trot out the 'but it's the second appearance of Thor' line. This book was hardly even on the radar befor CGC came along, and was certainly not even remotely close to being a 30K book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very few books were remotely close to being 30K books before CGC came along. CGC definitely highlighted just how hard it was to find early JIMs in true NM, which has caused prices to skyrocket.

What TTh2 said, and as the more time goes on and no other HG copies pop up on the census the rarity factor looks better and better for this book.

Take out a loan & buy the book. Money where the mouth is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why am I not surprised by your response? foreheadslap.gif No need to get your shorts in a knot as its only the asking price, just look at the final sale prices on the Sgt Fury and the Hulk issues in the vault. This book would appeal to the high grade BSD, J.I.M. collector (not us pikers) that want to complete a full run but I'm sure you could get a mid grade copy on the cheap. Merry Christmas.

Sure thing, Mr. All Talk, No Action. screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif