• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midtown Comics - damage/returns

9 posts in this topic

I know I have read a few comments from members regarding having to get books replaced or refunded when ordering online.

For anyone that has been through the process, how long did it take to actually get the return process started, from Midtown's side?

I find the chat e-mail combo works very well. E-mail automatically sends you a confirmation #, the chat allows you to make use of that number, and they will ask for pics so be prepared to reply to the confirmation e-mail with pictures so that it expedites the process. Took me about 1.5-2 weeks to get a replacement after getting through.

My one and only purchase from them was damaged. Thankfully it was only $15 and I won't buy from them again.

Packed up a comic in a cardboard envelope with no protection at all.

doh!

Starting to get frustrated, I never imagined it would take this long.

11 days since my first chat/emailing pics of all the damage. Still have only gotten the automated email response after several tries.

Has their phone been disconected?

Yea they are really slow. I inquired about a package and they took over two weeks to respond through the chat. It wasn't a huge issue and it was for one book so I wasn't as worried.

Years ago I had a package get lost by the postal service and Midtown took care of it instantly. I remember calling and it was handled. It was just a bunch of trades though so it wasn't a huge issue.

I rarely order from them anymore unless it is an exclusive cover that I really like.