• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #36 (Copy C)

14 posts in this topic

A lower grade copy which will probably become my reader as it has great page quality (about White, only slightly yellowing at the borders).

Warning: this book looks a lot better in the scans than how it actually is in hand. It has a pair of long creases running through all the pages (similar to a subscription crease, but they do not go all length).

Everything is firmly attached.

Presents well but this to me brings down the grade into VGF territory – I’d love to hear your thoughts.

You can click on the pictures to see larger version.

Ltp08wfh.jpg

2908sBQh.jpg

Thanks!

As I explained, not a 6.0 – I would treat the book as it had almost the same effects of a subscription crease, only not all along the height. VGF is more in line as it is pretty crumpled, and I’d love other opinions. (thumbs u

Thanks!

As I explained, not a 6.0 – I would treat the book as it had almost the same effects of a subscription crease, only not all along the height. VGF is more in line as it is pretty crumpled, and I’d love other opinions. (thumbs u

If you keep insisting its a 5.0 and we can't see the interior pages what's the point of getting other opinions?

Thanks!

If you keep insisting its a 5.0 and we can't see the interior pages what's the point of getting other opinions?

It‘s not that I keep "insisting": the interior pages do not show anything. There are creases that go through the book, but of course these affected mostly the covers, and they can be seen just to a small degree from the scans.

It would take a picture to judge better, but I have not the best light conditions to shot one here at home. If needed, I could try.

To some degree the creases can be seen, anyway: for example, a third crease is pretty much visible in the back cover scan. :)

Thank you! The running creases, as it’s always the case, damaged more the covers than the insides. You can see the crumpling more on the back cover, that is why IMO these put the book almost outside FN territory, but I may be wrong.

I just find odd to consider this copy so close in grade to my other midgrade copy, which is this one and got a consensus of 6.0/6.5 but is a lot better than the present one – in hand they are two different beasts but I see that from the scan the creases aren’t so noticeable. (shrug)

cBRfN9eh.jpg

And Thank You for pumping up my comics during my last sale. :foryou: I almost feel like I owe you commission. Next time I have a sale, you can take 15% off anything you like.

lol No big deal, I always pump sales when they are worthy and no one is giving a damn! ;)

I have tried to take a picture, but light is not helping me – I compared the two copies and in fact it’s not THAT bad compared to the second one, but I think there is at last almost a full unit grade difference between the two, i.e. 5.0/5.5 the first one, 6.5 the second.