• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LA COMIC CON Edward James Olmos (Galactica), Caity Lotz (Arrow) AUG 17, 2014

7 posts in this topic

JUST ADDED:

EDWARD JAMES OLMOS is known for such starring roles as COMMANDER WILLIAM ADAMA in BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, DETECTIVE GAFF in RIDLEY SCOTT'S BLADE RUNNER, LT. MARTIN CASTILLO in MIAMI VICE, JAIME ESCALANTE in STAND AND DELIVER, EL PACHUCO in ZOOT SUIT, and PROFESSOR JAMES GELLAR in DEXTER. EDWARD received both an EMMY AWARD and GOLDEN GLOBE AWARD for his role in MIAMI VICE, a SATURN AWARD for Best Actor for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and nominated for an ACADEMY AWARD for Best Actor for STAND AND DELIVER. EDWARD JAMES OLMOS will be appearing at the LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION on SUNDAY, AUGUST 17, 2014 to sign autographs from 10:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M.

The LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION presents CAITY LOTZ, who stars as Sara Lance/Black Canary on the CW Television series ARROW, JOHN KRICFALUSI, the Creator of REN AND STIMPY, and BARBARA LEIGH, the Original "Vampirella" Warren Magazine Model appearing on the Special Occasion of the 45th Anniversary of Vampirella) among the Special Guests appearing at the SUNDAY, AUGUST 17, 2014 show.

CAITY LOTZ stars as Sara Lance/Black Canary on the CW'S hot Television series "ARROW" based on the DC Comic Book. Some of Caity's other credits include starring in the dance film Battle of the Year opposite Josh Holloway ("Lost") and the Science Fiction film The Machine where she garnered rave reviews for her performance and has received a nomination for "Most Promising Newcomer" in the British independent Film Awards. Caity also starred in The Pact, a breakout film at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. On Television, Caity is known for her recurring role on AMC's Mad Men, as well as Officer Kirsten Landry on MTV'S Death Valley. Caity's role as Black Canary has become a favorite among viewers of Arrow. Caity will be appearing to sign autographs from 12:00 P.M.-1:00 P.M.

JOHN KRICFALUSI, the Creator of REN AND STIMPY and THE RIPPING FRIENDS animated series returns to the show for an encore appearance to do more character and caricature sketches as well as sign autographs from 10:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.

BARBARA LEIGH is the Original "VAMPIRELLA" Warren Magazine Model. Barbara was to star in a 1976 Hammer Films production of Vampirella with Peter Cushing starring as Pendragon, but the film did not go into production. A photo shoot of Barbara in the Vampirella costume was used as the covers of Warren's Vampirella Magzine in issues#67,69,71,73,74,76,77,78. Barbara has starred in several movies such as Junior Bonner with Steve McQueen, The Student Nurses from Roger Corman's New World Pictures, Terminal Island with Tom Selleck (Magnum P.I.), Marta Kristen (Lost in Space) and Don Marshall (Land of the Giants), and Pretty Maids All in a Row (with screenplay by Star Trek's Gene Roddenberry). Barbara will be signing autographs from 11:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M. on the Special Occasion of the 45th Anniversary of the First Debut Issue of Vampirella.

CHUCK PATTON is a Animation Director and Marvel and DC Comic Book Artist. As an Animation Director, Chuck is known for TODD MCFARLANE'S SPAWN: THE ANIMATED SERIES and TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (2003 version). Chuck was the regular Artist during the 1980's run of DC Comics JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA#217-239. Chuck also illustrated various issues of Tales of the Teen Titans, Green Lantern, Flash (The Creeper stories), The Brave and the Bold, The Vigilante, Action Comics Weekly (Nightwing and Speedy stories), and Marvel Comics such as Daredevil and Classic X-Men. Chuck will be taking art commissions and signing autographs from 11:00 A.M.-4;00 P.M.

SCOTT KOBLISH is the artist for Marvel Comics DEADPOOL (current series) illustrating#7,13,14,20,26,27. Scott's art has also been featured in such Marvel Comics titles as Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine: First Class, Cable, Hulk and Marvel Adventures Super-Heroes. Scott will be taking art commissions and signing autographs from 11:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.

To celebrate the early release of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Digital 3D and HD on August 19, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is providing a free CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER Large 27"x41" size POSTER while supplies last. CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLIDER will also be on 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand September 9, 2014 featuring Making-of Featurettes, Audio Commentary, Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes, Bloopers and more.

The LOS ANGELES COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION will take place SUNDAY, AUGUST 17, 2014 at the Shrine Auditorium Expo Center, 700 West 32nd Street, in Los Angeles, across the street from USC College. Show Hours are 10:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M. Regular Admission is only $10.00, five years and under are free. Early Admission is $12.00. All celebrities charge for each autograph. The Dealers Room features over one hundred tables full of Old and New Comic Books, Toys, Action Figures, Trading Cards, Trade Paperbacks, Graphic Novels, DVDs, Movie Memorabilia and many other collectibles! Check www.comicbookscifi.com and www.facebook.com/comicbookscifi for more information!

Perhaps Mr. Schwartz or whoever is in charge of the exhibitors can make a concerted effort to bring back Terry O'Neill of Terry's Comics, Harley Yee, Steve Wyatt of BIG WOW Comics and other prominent dealers who used to set up at the Shrine back in the day. They do other one-day shows; why not this one?

Perhaps Mr. Schwartz or whoever is in charge of the exhibitors can make a concerted effort to bring back Terry O'Neill of Terry's Comics, Harley Yee, Steve Wyatt of BIG WOW Comics and other prominent dealers who used to set up at the Shrine back in the day. They do other one-day shows; why not this one?

This. I went to the show yesterday and it was for me slightly better than previous shows. There were 2 new comic dealers whom I haven't seen set up there before that were selling bronze to modern age books. Also, I saw a few new toy dealers with some good inventory and decent prices for a couple of them. I had a blast. Always nice seeing some old friends again as well.

I set up at the show with a bunch of trade paperbacks, quarter books and some toys. I had traffic most of the day, can't complain with my results, even shopped a little. I must confess, I didn't bring any of my older books or CGC books, but I did fine with what I brought. It was great seeing fellow dealers and a few boardies!

Joel