• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

June's results are in

29 posts in this topic

I thought Outcast's numbers would be much higher (at least twice what they are), especially with speculators jumping all over a new Kirkman #1.

Apparently Image didnt think like you.. Its actually 86k and its sold out

I imagine that the print numbers reflect the actual orders and a small overprint (which is to be expected regardless of what the orders were). I just thought that the initial orders would have been much higher with people ordering tons in advance.

I read in here somewhere they discount 10% since it's returnable. That's not to say any were returned or why that even effects the print numbers, but that's how it's listed. To me the books were printed so why does it matter if they were returnable?

Sixth Gun is barely breaking 3k? I know this book is considered a speculative failure, but didn't anyone actually read it?

I recently bought the first oversized hardcover - hoping it is good, but with those kind of numbers I'd be surprised if they keep printing prestige format trades.

It may be my favorite comic.

I can't believe no one actually read it when they were busy flipping it.

It's a shame.

Great, great universe and story.

Sixth Gun is a very good comic. (thumbs u

That`s the thing though if people aren`t reading them, and are just flipping them for pretty gimmick covers or speculative move hype, then long-term success is suspect.

What made the Walking Dead,Chew and Locke & Key successful was people actually read them and liked them. They slowly built their audiences into a meaningful fan base.

One other thing that stands out with these sales seems is Saga looks like a keeper.

It may be my favorite comic.

I can't believe no one actually read it when they were busy flipping it.

It's a shame.

Great, great universe and story.

Sixth Gun is a very good comic. (thumbs u

That`s the thing though if people aren`t reading them, and are just flipping them for pretty gimmick covers or speculative move hype, then long-term success is suspect.

What made the Walking Dead,Chew and Locke & Key successful was people actually read them and liked them. They slowly built their audiences into a meaningful fan base.

One other thing that stands out with these sales seems is Saga looks like a keeper.

Not sure what Locke and key averaged in terms of readership, but I would think Joe Hill has devoted fans that jumped and supported his work. Locke and key is one of the best series I've read.