• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINAL RANKING: 2014 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest

71 posts in this topic

I actually got involved with Nik's Grading Contests because the person who was helping him, Silvers I think, had problems with basic spreadsheets. He also ran into the HTML character limit in Posts that we all experience now via the VCC when he tried to use HTML tables for the tabulation.

Early 2004 was a GROUP Grading competition I think. Newt Samson, one of the team winners, would eventually join CGC as a grader.

I was part of that team along with FFB, but it wasn't the same competition as the one above. 10 years ago - man am I getting old.

Egads, wasn't I part of the same team? Man it's been a long, strange trip . . . lol

I actually got involved with Nik's Grading Contests because the person who was helping him, Silvers I think, had problems with basic spreadsheets. He also ran into the HTML character limit in Posts that we all experience now via the VCC when he tried to use HTML tables for the tabulation.

Early 2004 was a GROUP Grading competition I think. Newt Samson, one of the team winners, would eventually join CGC as a grader.

I was part of that team along with FFB, but it wasn't the same competition as the one above. 10 years ago - man am I getting old.

Egads, wasn't I part of the same team? Man it's been a long, strange trip . . . lol

Yeah where ya been rabnub in the latest grading contests??!! :baiting:

Archived Results :cloud9::headbang:

Maybe it was you and not FFB - my memory isn't what it used to be - or maybe there was more than one of these team contests.

Maybe it was you and not FFB - my memory isn't what it used to be - or maybe there was more than one of these team contests.

No, it was a 4-member team - me, you, FFB and Newt (and you'll have to PM me for the skinny!) lol

Yeah where ya been rabnub in the latest grading contests??!! :baiting:

Archived Results :cloud9::headbang:

I gave up - Toro wins them all! lol

Wow, I went from 121th :facepalm: in 2010, 36th in 2013 :juggle: to 8th :banana: in 2014.

I can say I learn how to grade since I joined the boards.

(thumbs u

:applause: progress is happening all the time

Today I got my mail and received a package from someplace I know I didn't order anything from.

I open it and see Overstreet .. hm I think. What is this.

Andy was kind enought to send me a last place prize.

An Overstreet comic book grading guide.

:banana::applause::banana:

Thank you Andy!! I shall read it, and be more prepared for the contest next year. (thumbs u