• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINAL RANKING: 2014 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest

71 posts in this topic

FINAL Commentary

What started many years ago as Nik's Grading Contest has now become the Green Eggs Grading Contest. The torch has been passed. In 2013, toro once again stepped up to claim the inaugural prize.

But now it is 2014...

And so the clarion call to battle issues forth anew. From nearby towns to cities from far off lands, they come. From the far reaches of the Wintry north to the warm shores of the Southern Isles... all come to stake their claim once more and to compete for the Ultimate Prize. :eek:

122 Contestants. 20 Books. 10 Rounds. ONE Champion.

Whether they were old hands trying once again or babes in the woods learning round after round, each found that this was not an ordinary Grading Contest. Nay, it was something far more. Nary a modern was to be found. :cry: Super High Grade books were few and far between! :frustrated: Few realized that what they had stumbled upon was the hardest Grading Contest to date! :acclaim:

Some could not take the pressure and dropped out. But this contest was different. NO ONE was disqualified or left to withdraw. We started with 122 challengers and we end with 122 challengers to see the journey to its climactic conclusion.

The ROUNDS are now over. The Mathematically Eliminated Line has done its silent and deadly duty. Quiet floods the land once again. Weary eyes lift for the final judgment!

In the end, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Congratulations CANICKUS, the 2014 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Champion!

2014-Green-Eggs-Trophy-m.png

2014-FINAL-RANKING.png

Special AWARD Winners

WINNER OF LAST POSITIVE CONTESTANT IN A NEGATIVE ZONE: TheGeneral

Honorable mention: AJD

WINNER OF HARDEST WORKING PLAYER WITH THE LOWEST SCORE: AWAX

Honorable mention: *Bronze age fan*

WINNER OF THE BULLSEYE AWARD: canickus

Honorable mention: toro

WINNER OF THE MOST CONSISTENT PLAYER AWARD: genrlzod

Honorable mention: TheGeneral

WINNER OF THE MOST GRADES OFF AWARD: Zalgardos

WINNER OF MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AWARD (MIP): telerites (107 to 14th place!)

Honorable Mention: uncleben (107 to 21st place!)

Special Thanks to your Host and Moderator: thirdgreenham!

Canikus, great job! But we will meet again on this field and things could be a lot different! :sumo:

That's right, Chip may not forget a round and he will kick our butts!

Just kidding Chip. :foryou:

Great contest guys! A lot of fun, even if I was getting mad every time I saw all the GA and DC comics you picked to use. :mad: You don't even understand the curse words that would spill out of my mouth seeing the new two comics to grade. I see I finished towards the bottom but it was still sooooooo much fun! :applause:

PS. Don't forget me if you wanna sell that WOF issue. :foryou:

I know that I speak for the others that tied for first, it feels really good to finally get past Toro. Actually Toro just ran out of rounds.

Fantastic tournament, Andy and Shin.

I am absolutely stoked to get the books in the last round, and it took both bulls eyes to do it. I am printing out the trophy now.

Looking forward to next year.

I know that I speak for the others that tied for first, it feels really good to finally get past Toro. Actually Toro just ran out of rounds.

I am absolutely stoked to get the books in the last round, and it took both bulls eyes to do it. I am printing out the trophy now.

A bigger image...

http://www.virtualcomiccon.info/2014/2014-Green-Eggs-Trophy.png

Congratulations again! :applause:

The last two rounds felt relaxing compared to other years for me. I knew that there was no way all of you could get -1s. :insane:

I was just hoping to hold onto 5th place.

Had a blast, learned some stuff, and can't wait till next yer. Hopefully I can get better and challenge for the top spot.

Thanks for running this Andy and Shin.

My sentiments exactly! Thanks guys!

Joker--

WINNER OF THE MOST GRADES OFF AWARD: Zalgardos

:banana::whee::banana:;)

I would like to thank my mom and dad, my personal grading trainer, CGC for puzzeling me with all these GA books and of course Andy and Shin for the hard work of counting-out all my over-and undergradings. (worship)

Thank you Andy and Shin for all the fun. :applause::applause:

Congratulations to all Contestants :)