• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Wait a minute in 1984 Action #1 was the biggest thing going-hell in 1975 it was...are you sure about this?

I'm am quite sure that back in the late 1960's and early 1970's Thunda #1, Whiz #1, Marvel #1 and some other big keys were all neck in neck. In the 1980's Marvel #1 was the biggest book and then (in agreement with Larry) Detective #27 took over for a spell while the world was in full Batmania in 1989 before Action #1 tied for the lead and then finally took over, but yes that is only in the past (roughly) 2 decades.

Here's the question then. Tec 27 in 9.0 WP shows up tomorrow. Would the Action 1 sell for more? I'm not so sure. This might be a case of which is the nicer book versus which is the bigger book.

I remember when Whiz 1 and Marvel 1 were the bigger books. Which is hard to believe but true.

Not that Action 1 was cheap because it was always out of reach but it wasn't king then. I'm talking the late 70s and early 80s that I remember.

This new copy is clearly the nicest copy to surface for sale that i've ever seen. It's certainly nicer in eye appeal than Nic Cage's copy.

I wish I had that kind of cash. Who thinks Seinfeld is buying it?

I always think of Seinfeld when Action 1 comes up.

Dang I wasn't aware of this-ever since 1974 whenever people mentioned the Mt Olympus of comics it was always 'Action #1'

Wait a minute in 1984 Action #1 was the biggest thing going-hell in 1975 it was...are you sure about this?

Marvel Comics 1 was the most valuable comic(according to Overstreet) for years. Action took the top spot in the mid eighties, only to lose it again(to Tec 27 in the wake of the 1989 Batman movie). So it wasn't always #1.

I'm not so sure, if all 3 books were presented to me, if I wouldn't snatch the Marvel 1 and scram!

Me too.

People are now looking through sheer investment and $'s and 2c but the reality is that Marvel #1 was a favorite book for a long time. It's only in recent years that the investment crowd has pushed up values based on franchise value that Action #1 and Detective #27 have really pulled ahead.

Based on what I've gathered, Marvel #1 was always hot, popular and rare even when compared to Action #1 back in the day.

Iconic pretty cover, too, with the blue back and the yellow/red-bordered MARVEL COMICS letters.

I'm old school and the big 3 have always been (and always will be) Marvel 1, Action 1, and Tec 27. No 4th place here...well, maybe Whiz #1. 2c

Yes the Action 1 9.0 is the best copy i ever saw.......

Now Tec 27 9.0 white pgs there is no copy right.

I would think Action 1 9.0 with white pgs vs Det 27 9.0 white pgs the Tec sells for more.

Batman is 5 times more in demand the Superman.

Love them both but just saying it would be the best Tec 27 ever and the only 1?

Yes the Action 1 9.0 is the best copy i ever saw.......

Now Tec 27 9.0 white pgs does there is no copy right.

I would this Action 1 with white pgs vs Det 27 9.0 white pgs the Tec sells for more.

Batman is 5 times more in demand the Superman.

Love them both but just saying it would be the best Tec 27 ever and the only 1?

Why is OSPG show Action #1 priced higher that Tec 27?

OSPG means nothing. There is no Tec 27 9.0 white pages so if 1 was found and there are 2 Action 1s 9.0 what do you think.

I will say this Action 1 looks more like a 9.2 9.4 out of 10 being perfect.With those white everything.

I have seen 9.4s a lot that dont look that good we all have, Why they gave it a 9.0 you can only ????

I wince every time I see that inside cover / 1st page scan.

No wonder it's got spine stress.

Did they really open this book almost flat to scan the pages ?

Pretty sure those are photos and not scans.

kav at this point you are 3 to 1 winner can i put you on ebay?

Yes. And please use priority male so I don't gotta sit in that box so long.

Just saying there is no Detective 27 white pages 9.0 the best is 8.0 i think? if 1 was found it would draw more interest i think get it i think just saying.

There are several nicer Tec 27s (the Allentown might even be a 9.6 white pager). They are just not slabbed

I'll have snacks and a pillow and my plush monkey doll so I should be comfortable plus i can play pranks on the postmen