• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Why would someone do that to an 8.0?

There was a time when restoring all comics was considered a good thing by a lot of people. You have to understand that nobody thought a comic was going to be worth a Mil or rare.

The pgx copy had a quarter? Sized black grease stain on front cover. So it was chemically cleaned to remove

There were/was a tear(s) on back cover that was also sealed.

Using watchcount.com, the auction currently has 404 416 watchers.

Thanks !

since I had to bow out once the book reached 10K :insane: I guess I will have to settle with knowing I was one of the first 400 watchers of the what will likely soon be the most expensive funny book ever sold... :popcorn:

Whatever happened to the PGX 9.0 copy? (shrug)

Still owned by the same person. Saw it in person a few years ago. It was quite stunning.

CGC 9.2?

My guess is it would be cgc 8.0 sp... But maybe higher. I've never seen in person

If I recall correctly I think the owner wanted $1M for it? Probably good that he held on to it if it will grade out as an 8.0 sp [but via CGC, not PGX!] because its probably worth about that much now.

Boy they really blew the launching of this listing as you'd figure that they would have hammered out the start time weeks ago. :juggle:

It's restored. No way worth a mil. Maybe 300k

I've seen it up close and personal and it is beautiful. But, I can't grade. It is slight professional (in early 80s). White pages. 3/4 inch tear seal on back cover. Spot cleaned front cover. NO color touch, staple replacement, glue, or piece replacement. No writing or stamps. It has some discloration along the top edge (like sweaty fingerprints) which predated the restoration (natural cause). Here's pics:

action1-1.jpg

action1-3.jpg

lol I love the fact that at 1.6 million the bid increments that eBay allows is still $100.

Speaking of which, isn't the max fee from eBay only going to be $250?

The seller prob worked out a deal with ebay

So you're saying he doesn't have to pay the $250 eBay fee? hm