• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Turns Black?

72 posts in this topic

Are sales on Captain America and Thor that weak? They should just cancel the two monthlies and use them solely in the Avengers then with the occasional solo mini-series.

I always thought that the person in the suit was the character and it wasn't just taking up the uniform that made the hero. That's what turned me off all those Lantern series. The person as well as the exterior package was unique. Anyone can look like the Batman, but how many have the drive to become him after his childhood trauma.

I don't have a problem with Rogers retiring and the Falcon taking over, but give a new name and suit for him.

Has anyone read the first two issues of the new direction? I was impressed and thought they were solid. A lot of over the top action with a lot of plot lines being introduced. I liked watch Falcon attempt to fight with the wings and the shield. It was an interesting dynamic and he wasn't very good at it.

I know a lot of people were put of by RR run prior to this relaunch. I'm read the book cold and didn't catch any of that stuff.

I like it though (thumbs u

Has anyone read the first two issues of the new direction? I was impressed and thought they were solid. A lot of over the top action with a lot of plot lines being introduced. I liked watch Falcon attempt to fight with the wings and the shield. It was an interesting dynamic and he wasn't very good at it.

I know a lot of people were put of by RR run prior to this relaunch. I'm read the book cold and didn't catch any of that stuff.

I like it though (thumbs u

As a big fan of the Falcon, great to hear! Ive heard positive reviews elsewhere as well. Anyone know how many incentive/variant covers are out there? 10 or so...?

:facepalm:

I liked watch Falcon attempt to fight with the wings and the shield. It was an interesting dynamic and he wasn't very good at it.

So, why would he do it? (shrug) What logic would make him use the shield, even if it impedes his ability to fight?

Why would any established superhero abandon their identity and take up the identity of one of their occasional teammates after said teammate is injured, killed, or for whatever reason preoccupied?

But it happens all the time in comics.

Why would any established superhero abandon their identity and take up the identity of one of their occasional teammates after said teammate is injured, killed, or for whatever reason preoccupied?

Robin would kill to be Batman.

Because Cap represents more than just the costume. It is a title and motivational thing.

It can also make for an interesting story if done well.

Oh and don't forget it is a comic- reality is unimportant.

Because Cap represents more than just the costume. It is a title and motivational thing.

It can also make for an interesting story if done well.

Oh and don't forget it is a comic- reality is unimportant.

I'd just call myself Commander Patriotism and make my own star spangled costume lol