• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orphan Is The New Black... The Orphan Black IDW Comic Thread!

102 posts in this topic

I'm guessing that Cosima might be the focus of the third issue (based on image searches). If they blow, the #2 issue with Helena, they better be careful with the Cosima story. She's the #1 fan favorite. If a character is gonna hook a potential reader, it will be her.

I'm guessing that Cosima might be the focus of the third issue (based on image searches). If they blow, the #2 issue with Helena, they better be careful with the Cosima story. She's the #1 fan favorite. If a character is gonna hook a potential reader, it will be her.
Looks like I was wrong, it's Alison's story next, wearing her signature scarf ;) and holding her glue gun :o .

Well, #2 (big surprise meh ) was a mess, like #1. I'm not sure I'm gonna keep torturing myself buying these, if there's no improvement in the writing at least by issue #4.

This is the best TV show on the boob tube right now and it's being butchered by IDW. Helena is my favorite character, but she has been reduced to the brief glimpses of the child abuse she suffered growing up while connecting to her first full appearance to Season 1. Her trademark witty dialouge she says on TV is all but absent.

So far, I rate this series :facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: .

Looks like I was wrong, it's Alison's story next, wearing her signature scarf ;) and holding her glue gun :o .

Well, #2 (big surprise meh ) was a mess, like #1. I'm not sure I'm gonna keep torturing myself buying these, if there's no improvement in the writing at least by issue #4.

This is the best TV show on the boob tube right now and it's being butchered by IDW. Helena is my favorite character, but she has been reduced to the brief glimpses of the child abuse she suffered growing up while connecting to her first full appearance to Season 1. Her trademark witty dialouge she says on TV is all but absent.

Totally agree with everything you said. It feels wierd dropping this book from my pull list when it's one of my favorite shows. But if I give IDW another dollar of my money then in a sense I'm saying "I agree with what you're doing"...and I don't agree. This is the biggest let down I can remember in years. Fans will keep buying it for the covers, but I can't imagine any fan buying this really enjoys the book. I'm sure some will suffer through it hoping it gets better, but i can't justify that. Sorry for the rant, but I seriously wanted my money back after this issue. What a complete waste.

Totally agree with everything you said. It feels wierd dropping this book from my pull list when it's one of my favorite shows. But if I give IDW another dollar of my money then in a sense I'm saying "I agree with what you're doing"...and I don't agree. This is the biggest let down I can remember in years. Fans will keep buying it for the covers, but I can't imagine any fan buying this really enjoys the book. I'm sure some will suffer through it hoping it gets better, but i can't justify that. Sorry for the rant, but I seriously wanted my money back after this issue. What a complete waste.

Yeah, after reading your post, I figure I'm done as well. I too feel robbed. It's a shame really, all the mythology was there for them to make a run of something original too. I'm not even sure, I would want one of these in a Signature Series holder, knowing what's inside of them. I would rather just frame a signed photo or something right about now. What a friggin' waste. :(

Read them! It would probably good to have a different perspective voiced here, maybe you'll like them.

I love the TV show and watch it with my daughter - she picked up the comic the last time we were at our LCS.

Now, she's a nice girl & doesn't swear, but her reaction after reading it could probably best be summarized as "wow - what a piece of *spoon*".

I guess my main issue with this book, is that it doesn't go into too much detail with the other characters when focusing with the main character that's being spotlighted upon. Take issue #2 when Helena is abushed by "Beth Childs" at the apartment. It was probably supposed to have the element by surprise, but a new member of the Orphan Black's Clone Club, will be wondering how she tracked Helena so fast and where was Sarah. With the linework not being too distinctive, it's probably too confusing for a newbie to get invested in.

The same with #1's introducing of Sarah's partner in crime, Felix. He's only regulated to two pages and quickly forgotten. No mention of the trouble Felix goes through at morgue to make everyone believe Sarah is Beth Childs. The comic would have you believe, she fooled everyone at the police department, just because she showed up. Even her seriously conflicted police partner, just looked like some cop running an errand by bringing her in.

Orphan creators John Fawcett and Graeme Manson are writing up plots for Jody Houser put in her own words, yet her lack of imagination and desperation of putting her mark on the property has had downright terrible results.

What next? Are we gonna see Alison take a glue gun to Donnie with no explanation why she's doing it in issue #3.

When a talking scorpion gets more comic-time than Felix, then I think it's time to jump ship.

Imagine what its like never seeing the show?????

Just read # 2 and no new comments , I'm either stupid or this book simply expects me to know what's going on.

Either way the book does not stand by itself as a readable story.

Imagine what its like never seeing the show?????

Just read # 2 and no new comments , I'm either stupid or this book simply expects me to know what's going on.

Either way the book does not stand by itself as a readable story.

The book should have been built more on her relationship with the Maggie character (while manipulating Beth Childs) during the assassinations of the three other clones before Katja Obinger. Actually, a prequel series with Beth as the main character, before handing the reigns to Sarah would have been more interesting than this half-azz rehash of Season 1 (Beth's guilt brought her to those train tracks or the discovery she was just a copy). It would have given the fans a nice little behind-the-scenes treat and potential viewers of the show a nice jumping on point. Let's face it, there's no way they are gonna be able to pull off Alison posing as an absent Sarah in her meeting with Sarah's daughter Kira and pack the suspense, humor and emotion on page in the next issue. Look how they bumbled Beth & Sarah's chance meeting on the subway. Is Felix just gonna show up to Alison's party to save the day as Alison is torturing Donnie. Paul has been ignored as well. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if the sideplots of figuring out who the monitors will be vastly ignored as well.

I keep reading this thread title as "OPRAH IS THE NEW BLACK!"

I was just trying to come up with a witty thread title like others on here have done.

Other ones I thought of were:

Game of Clones... The Orphan Black IDW Comic Thread!

The CGC Orphan Black Clone Club Comic Book Thread! or something like that.

Since Orange Is The New Black is a new female driven show with a large cast of ladies, I thought it would be ironic if I used it with Orphan Black, who also has a large cast of ladies as well, although all are played by one actress.