• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orphan Is The New Black... The Orphan Black IDW Comic Thread!

102 posts in this topic

Just finished the first two issues today. I gotta agree with a lot of the comments here already - not much new information for those of us watching the show, and I imagine very hard to follow for a new audience. They tried to jam so much into the these books. I hope it gets better.

OK, I guess after Season #3's start last night, the scorpion in the box with Helena kinda makes sense in issue #2 now. hm

I'm still only gonna flip through issue #3 when it's released Wednesday, to see if it improved any.

I figure two things for sure.

1. It won't be any better.

2. The LCS guy will tell me, "Hey! This isn't a library!"

:(

OMG! Who really wrote those positive letters to the publishers in the letters column about the first issue. lol

Well, the art has been taken over by Cat Staggs who does some of the wonderful Tatiana painted covers. Still looks fairly rushed, but the confusing parts for new readers isn't totally confusing, but despite the minor improvement the narrative is still a mess.

Once again, Jody Houser doesn't include Felix (the Alison party) and you just know the Aynsley introduction isn't gonna lead to the big-pay-off that came from Season 1.

The story is being told too fast. Each clone deserves her own series of six books, for the new backstory elements to fully work.

Looks like Cosima is coming for Issue #4.

One issue can't possibly contain her.

Even 25 issues couldn't.

Looks like this book is still gonna suck. :(

And another! Largest print run of all the covers,but might just be the hardest to get in 9.8. Loot Crate is a little hard on the comics they ship....

Orphan%20Black%201%20CGC%209.8%20Loot%20Crate.jpg