• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killer books on the link.....

36 posts in this topic

i like a few books but $$$

What're you, a lightweight? I mean the JIM 83 is listed at only at $75K, the FF2 at $14K, the FF4 at $14K, the FF5 at $20K, the FF12 at 15K, and the FF20 at nearly $4K. Do you want a high grade FF run or not??? grin.gifdevil.gif

The FF #1 is already gone...too bad. If I'd had the available cash I would have bought it myself! Maybe a board member picked it up?

Nice books.

Dan

I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger, but would have been tempted. Nice book.

Nothing else is really that interesting to me because of the price.

George:

I sold them over a year ago, they've gone through 2 hands so far and they are back up for sale again. So if somebody wants to know what I would sell them for they could have used my first sale prices of them as a starting point. Obviously I sold them too cheap, OMG, somebody made some money buying books from me!

I'm guessing that somebody is asking whether I think the seller is overpricing them.

i thought i remembered these being sold by you....the posts seemed to suggest you were selling em again. makepoint.gif

well at the time you sold them for good prices....they are too nice to NOT increase in $$.

Not "fair market value" I guess or "rare enough" or "tough enough" either?

I didn't say that the prices were unreasonable. Mostly that the books are in too high of a grade (and therefore priced to high) to interested me. Would I love a JIM #83, yes, but I can't afford a CGC 9.4 (at that price). The FF's are great, but not on my want list at this time, simply because I know a lot of other collectors who will want them more and therefore PAY more.