• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A STRANGE TALE LOT #101 and up Raw, #110 is CGC'd 2.5 Key Issues Inc.

26 posts in this topic

I've had most of these a long time, a large number of them came from an OO collection. They are nice looking, but there are flaws. I wrote a detailed description thinking I'd sell them one at a time, but I decided to try selling them as a group and I discounted them so they would sell. PRICE FOR THE GROUP IS $1150 plus exact shipping

All my books are bagged and boarded, that's how I keep them and that's the only way I ship. I just took them out of the bags for the pictures.

If the lot does not sell by Sunday night, I will break them up. Please don't ask me to break up the lot before that.

The Rules.

First :takeit: on the boards or in a PM wins.

a :takeit: trumps all other negotiations.

Shipping is exact, I'll ship any way you prefer, but I prefer boxes

Shipping for an item over $250, must include a signature to be covered for my insurance, even if it's out of the US. So out of the US will have to be priority express unless you have your own insurance.

I pay for private insurance and that's included as well as tracking. You just pay the postage.

I accept Paypal, MO's, checks no trade offers, please.

NONE of these books have been pressed...and that's pretty obvious;)

I will accept time payments but pm me before posting a :takeit: please.

No HOS or Probies please.

This is the list/.description of the raw books.

Strange Tales

1962, Kirby

Human Torch Classic cover. The HT begins with solo stories in Strange Tales.

Nice color, white pages, ½ inch tear at the front (right side) scuffing and 1” split at the bottom, both staples are attached. Centerfold is attached. Moisture stain on the back cover, some tearing on the back of the spine, small pieces missing at the bottom. Small split at the top. Might be bug damage, it does not look like Marvel chipping.

Recap of the Origin of the FF.

Grade is Good (2.0)

#102, The first Wizard...uh oh, is that really the Torch?

Creasing and extra staples. Piece missing lower right. Looks like the extra staples could be removed. The original ones seem to be fine. Grade is Good,

#107, It's deja vu all over again as the Submariner and the Human Torch face each other again!

4th SA Sub-Mariner and the first Cross-over outside of the FF. Nice color, and nice gloss, there are a few small ripples on the right edge of the cover and the lower right corner and part of the back cover are moisture stained. The pages look fine. Probably occurred from poor storage at one time. The book looks like a 6.0 or better from the front, but I'm going to grade it a VG- because of the back (3.5)

#113, First Plant Man and Johnny has a really cranky GF.

This is a low grade copy, the spine has been glued to the book (something I probably never noticed when I bought it, lol.) The centerfold is attached at both staples and the pages are white.

#119, Spider-man cross-over. The Rabble Rouser and again the annoying GF. Dr Strange back up story. Book has some moisture problems, it's got some ripples, foxing, stains and a rusty lower staple, very readable though. It's probably technically a GD/VG (3.0) but I'm going to grade it as Good (2.0)

#120, Iceman Cross-over, Ditko Dr Strange. ½ inch split at top and bottom of spine. Non color breaking creasing. Grade is VG- (3.5)

#121, The Plantman again...Poison Ivy would date him in a minute;)

Nice looking copy, there is some non color breaking creasing on the back. Fine -(5.5) or maybe a little better

#122, Torch and Doc Strange. 1.5 inch spine split at the top. Nice color, Grade is Gd/+ (2.5 )

#124 Paste Pot Pete, the Thing x-over. Spine roll, name on cover,creasing and nice pages. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0),

#125, Another HT vs Subby! Nice color and gloss, some small creases near spine and a a few lines. Some overhang/Marvel chipping at the top edge. Grade is Fine. Maybe a little better.

#126, First Dormammu (in Dr Strange) The Thing, Torch and Ben Grimm Vs the Puppet Master and the Mad Thinker. Staples are rusty, otherwise it's got nice color and pages. Cover is not entirely flat (probably stored in humidity). Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) or a little better

#127 Subscription crease. 1/2” tear on the cover, right edge. Tanning on the back inside cover, small piece off the back edge (above the stain). The stain is on the cover only. Grade is Gd/.VG

#128 Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Nice color, some staining top back. Grade is VG+ (4.5) or better.

#129 The Thing and the Torch and Dr Strange. Cover is detached at lower staple, it is attached at the top, but barely.

#130 Beatles appearance. Nice color. Some crimping on the right edge. Long crease from under the arrow. Grade is VG-.

#131, Subscription crease. Nice colors, some rippling right edge, stain lower right of the bottom back. Goes through a few pages, but all pages are supple. Rusty staples, some wrinkling near back spine. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0)

#132, Nice color and gloss and a random streak of marker on the cover. Some spine lines. Tiny corner crease bottom right. Very small split at the bottom. Grade is VG or better. (4.0).

#133, Nice color and gloss, 2 red ink doodles near “terrible toys”. Subscription crease, white pages, grade is VG (3.5)

#134, Tales of the Watcher. Nice gloss, extra staples and the right edge of the cover might have been trimmed.

#135 First SHIELD and Col Nick Fury as the head of SHIELD (Col Fury was in FF 21, but before that he was a Sgt) First HYDRA. There is an unnecessary piece of tape on the spine, and one on the lower right inside cover. There was a chew at the top of the last 7 pages. It only affects the margin. White pages and some distributor's ink at the top edge. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0)

#137, Some spine lines, nice color, a few creases lower right. Stain on the back. Grade is VG+ (4.5).

#138, First Eternity. Nice color, nice gloss, some slight tanning inside covers. Small crease at the lower right and there are a few bug chews on some corners inside. Grade is VG/F (5.0)

#139, Nick Fury and Dr Strange. Some very light tanning inside the cover, pages are close to white (if not white) great color and gloss, some small spine ticks. Grade is Fine+ (6.5)

#141 Fury and Strange. Crease lower right. Pages are White/OW. Slight rippling along right edge of just the covers. Production crease on the front. Grade is VG+ (4.5)

#142. 1” cover split at the top. May be minor color touch at the edges. It looks like some kid was fooling around with a ballpoint, more shows on the inside, but it might have bled through. Crease lower right. Stain on back. Stain on the back. Apparent VG-

#143 Small crease lower right. Some chipping top edtge. Back sides have mild foxing or tanning. Grade is Fine- (5.5)

Reading crease near spine. Overhang on the back cover. Masking Tape on the inside of the spine (I'm not sure what they were thinking) Extra staples. Grade is probably Gd/VG (3.0) let's just call it lower grade and leave it at that;)

#145 Piece missing lower right. Small corner off one inside page (in the margin). Spine wear, there might be ink (color touch) on the spine. Apparent Good/ (2.0)

#146, Sub Crease. Full page Dr Strange by Ditko. Small piece of tape on back inside cover. Gd/VG (3.0)

#147 First Bill Everett on Dr. Strange. small corner crease lower right, small stain on the back. Some tanning on the inside outer edge of the cover. Pages are nice, cover is flexible. Grade is Fine- (5.5)

#148 Origin of the Ancient one. There is some light tanning inside the covers (pages are supple), stain on back.Grade is Fine (6.0)

#149 Front looks nice. Back has some damage. Stain Grade is VG/F (5.0)

#150 John Buscema's first work at Marvel. Nice looking copy, some light staining inside covers, pages are nice cover is supple. Grade is Fine/VF or better. (7.0)

#151 First Steranko work for Marvel! Foxing on the back, staining (moisture) through bottom. Pages are supple. Grade is Good (2.0)

#152, Kirby and Steranko art nice looking copy with great color and gloss, sun shadow on the back, very slight tanning halo inside, cover and almost white pages are supple. Grade is Fine (6.0) or better,

#153, Kirby and Steranko art! Great color and gloss, tiny corner crease bottom right. Very slight tannin on the inside covers. Covers and pages are supple. Pages are about OW. Grade is 7.0 (Fine/VF),

#154 Great Steranko cover. Nice color and gloss. Very small stain on the back. Small crease lower right. Grade is Fine. (6.0)

#155 Nice looking from the front, but there is foxing on the back and the staples are rusty. Grade is VG. (4.0)

#156 This one looks nice, but there is moisture damage throughout and Foxing on the back Rusty staples. Grade is Good

#158, First full story about the Living Tribunal. Great color and gloss. There is a small amount of tanning on the inside covers, pages and the covers are supple. Back coer upper edge is rough. Grade is Fine+ (6.5) or better.

#160, Nice colors and gloss. Rusty staples and some foxing on the back. I'm going to grade it as a VG because of the staples.

#161, Steranko cover. Captain America and Nick Fury on one cover. Great color and gloss. Rusty staples and some dirt on the back cover. Grade is VG (4.0)

#162, Captain America continues with Nick Fury. Nice gloss, and color. Nice pages, there are a few small spine bends. Grade is Fine/VF (7.0)

#164 Front looks nice, back is splattered with foxing. Grade is Good.

#165 Steranko cover! Sun shadow right edge. Grade is Fine (6.0) or better.

#166 Robot cover. This is a really nice copy with a tiny bug chew on the back cover. I downgraded for that. Grade is VF- (7.5) or better.

#167, Great Steranko Cover. Front looks very nice, great color and gloss with a slight dust shadow on the right. There is a bug chew on the back, goes into the next page. Grade is Fine+ (6.5)

#183 Last issue in this series and the prelude to the Defenders. Nice color and gloss, corner crease (lower right) small stain on the back. Grade is VG/F (5.0)