• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Vision!!!!!

68 posts in this topic

Holy cow. I am so stoked I can't even see straight. The frickin' Vision on the big screen. I just was emailing my brother today, that this whole Marvel film Universe is literally making the dreams of a 6 year old boy in 1976 come true. Seeing the Vision on screen will be the ultimate culmination of that.

Same here. Can't wait! :cloud9:

Holy cow. I am so stoked I can't even see straight. The frickin' Vision on the big screen. I just was emailing my brother today, that this whole Marvel film Universe is literally making the dreams of a 6 year old boy in 1976 come true. Seeing the Vision on screen will be the ultimate culmination of that.

You are so OLD!!

You are so OLD!!

Gosh, I was thinking he's the same age as my baby sister.

You are so OLD!!

Gosh, I was thinking he's the same age as my baby sister.

He was 8 when I was born lol

57 just tripled in all grades!

oprahfansreactions.gif

I doubt that

wait for the 1st trailer with him in it...

Only if people are willing to pay triple for it.

I just looked at ebay, everything seems pretty much overpriced already, and new listings will also be overpriced now with the poster release.

oprahfansreactions.gif

I doubt that

I just looked at ebay, everything seems pretty much overpriced already, and new listings will also be overpriced now with the poster release.

That books already seen the jump. I sold my 9.2 for something crazy like $900.00. I bought the book for $100.00 before the first movie.

oprahfansreactions.gif

I doubt that

That books already seen the jump. I sold my 9.2 for something crazy like $900.00. I bought the book for $100.00 before the first movie.

well that's great, you must have bought it raw or a private sale, because there isn't a 9.2 that have ever registered GP for less than $175...

I personally don't think 9.2 for $900 is crazy, because it's over 1.1k now...

I still believe there is room...

(Doctor) Stranger things have happened!

:grin:

You dreamed about the characters being mostly unrecognizable? I think you gave up a potential career in H'Wood :)

And yes...I deserve whatever sass you give me in return. It was worth it :banana:

I find your requirement of hyper-trueness to the source material to be laughable, bud. I grew up with the Superfriends - a whitebread, dumbed down, no action version of the Justice League. And I loved it, even though it stunk, because it was superheroes.

Would I like some things to be more like the Bronze and Silver traditional depiction of the heroes? Sure in some cases.

But given the choice to grumble about the differences like a troll with an impacted tooth, railing against the Hollywood establishment from under my bridge, or reveling in the joy that I feel, both at seeing these characters brought to life on the big screen, and seeing these same characters become part of the world's zeitgeist, I choose the latter every time.

I want to be entertained. And I am.

You dreamed about the characters being mostly unrecognizable? I think you gave up a potential career in H'Wood :)

And yes...I deserve whatever sass you give me in return. It was worth it :banana:

I find your requirement of hyper-trueness to the source material to be laughable, bud. I grew up with the Superfriends - a whitebread, dumbed down, no action version of the Justice League. And I loved it, even though it stunk, because it was superheroes.

Would I like some things to be more like the Bronze and Silver traditional depiction of the heroes? Sure in some cases.

But given the choice to grumble about the differences like a troll with an impacted tooth, railing against the Hollywood establishment from under my bridge, or reveling in the joy that I feel, both at seeing these characters brought to life on the big screen, and seeing these same characters become part of the world's zeitgeist, I choose the latter every time.

Yes. This is the world I wanted to live in when I was reading comics growing up. A world with great Superhero movies.

Superfriends were one of my gateways into comic books. :)

An impacted tooth can be pretty painful and living under a bridge is not the most desirable of living conditions, but still, that's no reason to take your frustrations out on Hollywood. They probably have some type of foundation they created for trolls with impacted teeth living under bridges.

Yes. This is the world I wanted to live in when I was reading comics growing up. A world with great Superhero movies.

That's the keyword and what I wish we were getting regularly.

Why do you always say that hyper-trueness to the source is a requirement of mine? I've always maintained that I would like them to get closer than they have and that there's no good reason why they can't.

I feel your kind of joy for almost every animated DC feature that comes out. I just wish some of that could be translated to the live action, big screen counterparts.

I agree, the comic books do not lend themselves to movies in every regard. What works in a monthly comic book does not necessarily provide adequate pacing, style and edits that would work for a film let alone practicality. There are going to be necessary deviations.

Oh, and before someone else does.

are+you.png