• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hast there ever been a greatest GGA challenge?

32 posts in this topic

I remember a Russ Heath challenge, and other ones, but I wondered if there had ever been a GGA challenge...

I mean it would CERTAINLY be lovely to watch happen... hm

Start one!

ok, Im probably gonna start one, but simple question...

while I think limiting it to GA is reasonable (doesnt make sense for Baker vs Grimm Fairy Tales Nude cover #3000), does that mean I run it in this sub-forum, or do it in CG for the wider exposure and appreciation of the GGA genre?

The only thing I ask is that folks keep it to true GGA covers - which in my mind are those where the female form is the central image on the cover. There are plenty of covers with attractively drawn women on them that don't really qualify IMHO, but get touted as GGA covers anyway.

The only thing I ask is that folks keep it to true GGA covers - which in my mind are those where the female form is the central image on the cover. There are plenty of covers with attractively drawn women on them that don't really qualify IMHO, but get touted as GGA covers anyway.
Lots of grey area, but I'll see what's being posted to get an idea of criteria before joining in. Should be a great thread!

Get the nomination process done here in the sub-forum.

Inform the CG when it comes time to voting on the selected covers. CGers do not need to be involved in the start-up process.

My 2¢

The problem is that someone at some point will nominate Rangers #26 and that would be the end of the thread.

OK so I'm going to start a nomination thread over in CG...

how are these parameters:

1. Good Girl Art is defined losely as " art feature a strong emphasis on attractive women no matter what the subject or situation"

2. Comic should be published during or before 1955.

3. Needs to be a comic book. Not a magazine, not a pulp.

4. Should be drawn art, no photgraph covers.

5. Nominations should include an image of the comic, the title, issue # and the cover artists (if known).

anything else?

excuse me...phantom lady 17 takes a back seat to no cover.

While it's a terrific headlights cover, I love how the Rangers book looks. Hands down my fave. Rangers #14 and Wings #91 are runner ups ( for me).

:foryou:

:baiting: