• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic fantasy league?

24 posts in this topic

I know it sounds weird, but I was just bored, and too sick to do much else so I'm just killing time. I thought about football fantasy leagues but Im not too into sports, so then I thought well, why not apply that thinking to something I enjoy and know a decent amount of information about; comics. There could be a draft based on :takeit:'s or some sort of names in a hat method to determine who would draft first. There could be weekly match up's in enough people were geeky enough to partake, and the match could be determined by voting. I would be willing to donate a prize or two if people were interested, just as a way of giving back or spreading comics that I think comic fans should read. I'm not sure how much traffic comics general gets but based on the probation list thread at times I know that this forum is immense and very active.

The way it worked or would work would be. If it is your week or match up, you would take one member of your team that you drafted when the "season" started, and another boardie would select one member of their team, and it would be let's say; Deadpool vs Wolverine. Members would vote on who they think would win and whomever has the most votes would move on to face another boardie in another match up. I'm now realizing that whomever set up the original game I once saw really put some time into setting it up.

Not trying to be a tool about this but I don't get it.

You would totally get and like my version of Comic Book Fantasy league.

It is something I thought of awhile ago and believed that you actually along with Shadroch would be down for it.

Basically we pick books on a $100,000 payroll and from the time span of a year we are awarded monthly points based upon where they have risen or lose points if they have fallen according to GPA.

Example: Each person has a $100,000 payroll. I use my fantasy points to draft the first appearance of a Tales of Suspense 39 in a 6.0. which is currently a $4500 book by GPA. I "sell" the book two months later and my point total is adjusted by whether it is up or down.

Think of the books as players in an actual Fantasy Football league but instead of going head to head in weekly competitions, we go by monthly stats as if it were a stock portfolio.

Just something I have been toying with.

I still want to do a celebrity death pool but that is a topic for another day. Points are awarded based on the 100-Age at point of death.

If Miley Cyrus dies next year then 100-23 = 77 Points

If Stan Lee dies next year then 100-93 = 7 points.

It is something I thought of awhile ago and believed that you actually along with Shadroch would be down for it.

Basically we pick books on a $100,000 payroll and from the time span of a year we are awarded monthly points based upon where they have risen or lose points if they have fallen according to GPA.

Example: Each person has a $100,000 payroll. I use my fantasy points to draft the first appearance of a Tales of Suspense 39 in a 6.0. which is currently a $4500 book by GPA. I "sell" the book two months later and my point total is adjusted by whether it is up or down.

Think of the books as players in an actual Fantasy Football league but instead of going head to head in weekly competitions, we go by monthly stats as if it were a stock portfolio.

I like this version.

The way it worked or would work would be. If it is your week or match up, you would take one member of your team that you drafted when the "season" started, and another boardie would select one member of their team, and it would be let's say; Deadpool vs Wolverine. Members would vote on who they think would win and whomever has the most votes would move on to face another boardie in another match up. I'm now realizing that whomever set up the original game I once saw really put some time into setting it up.

This version is cool as well. Maybe we can have two different leagues going on?

It sounds like we could start up a 10-man league. Once again, I live Buzzettas idea, however, I would recommend we start off with a $10,000 bankroll and do a 10 round draft so we are looking at $1000 books on average. The high dollar stuff just doesn't transfer often enough to last a season. I also think we need prizes. Everyone should donate a $100ish book. A 7.0 Green Lantern #87, a 2.0 Spidey #50, a 3.0 FF #45....stuff like that. Fun, reader copies. The senior boardie in the league could keep the books until seasons end and 1st place would win 5 books, 2nd 3 books, and 3rd 2 books. Now all we need is 9 more players. Count me in for sure. Are we going to do this?

I'd be down for this!

As long as we are talking play money...i'm in. :)

I'd play. Buzz is right though about how a person can just draft the same book as the other person, but just in a different grade. The way I could see it working would be if we made a list of books which we could draft from before hand without having duplicates of the same issue. It would include current hot books like Guardians of the Galaxy, rising books like Star Wars 42, and classics like AF 15. Enough to that were if you one of the last one to pick you still would be able to draft a decent book.