• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3rd String DC non-sci-fi thread

72 posts in this topic

The editors at DC knew how to give the readers what they REALLY wanted.

"Kids, who needs superheroes when you can have something far more realistic like a chimp or a gorilla?"

tomahawk61.jpg

Wait a second. . .chimps don't really have opposable big toes, do they?

dale.jpg

This one ain't Silver Age, but it's soitenly a 3rd or 4th string book.

My gawd that's a pretty book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mr. Choich took good care of his books.

...... Mr Rozanski didn't hurt 'em much either lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

dale.jpg

This one ain't Silver Age, but it's soitenly a 3rd or 4th string book.

Might be 3rd string but that's a pretty book and lot's of childhood past memories,

Definitely! A great idea and many cool examples. :headbang:

I actually find many of these comics to be more exciting than the more mainstream titles quite simply because they're a lot scarcer than the more mainstream titles. Superman, Batman, Flash, Justice League, etc. you can always find those. Just you ask dealers for All-Star Western, Rex the Wonder Dog, Fox and the Crow or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer though....

(shrug)

No way I can compete with "Silver"'s Sugar and Spike collection but I found this copy at Wonder-Con back in April. It was the last day of the show, the only day I attended and as luck would have it a dealer had this Sugar & Spike 5 on his display rack. Me, a friend, and the dealer all agreed that it would grade out as a VF+ with OW/W pages:

SampS5_zps88646d49.jpg