• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3rd String DC non-sci-fi thread

72 posts in this topic

058_zpsec86992a.jpg

There just can't be many of these around. :applause:

Not in this grade anyway. It's the 2nd-highest graded copy. And thanks for taking notice.

What an odd, bizarre, wonderful comic.

Here's a double cover mid-1950s Hopalong Cassidy

031_zps26c09bb6.jpg

DC was able to pick up this title after a long run with Dell, and while I like the photo covers, the drawn covers are neat also. :cloud9:

I wonder if the print runs for this title were fairly small. There just does not seem to be many of these for sale at any given time.

ALLSTW_85_zpsaba0e238.jpg

Here's a double cover mid-1950s Hopalong Cassidy

031_zps26c09bb6.jpg

DC was able to pick up this title after a long run with Dell, and while I like the photo covers, the drawn covers are neat also. :cloud9:

I wonder if the print runs for this title were fairly small. There just does not seem to be many of these for sale at any given time.

That's one cool book, Dale. Love the cover, too!

You've noticed? The print runs probably were small, but the other factor is that All Star Western has never been a popular title with collectors. As a result, it didn't get hoarded, and thus preserved, with the Schwartz, Batman and Superman when comic fandom really got rolling in the mid-sixties. And of course it was the Marvels that were the most aggressively hoarded anyway due to the efforts of Stan Lee.

:preach:

Wow! Tough title!

Here's a scan of another tough title:

Rex44.jpg

:)

Tough title indeed. I'd love to land some more Rex's, but they just don't come up, and there seems to be more competition than you'd think when they get on the market.

Hoppy124.jpg

....you dawg ! ....now you've made me want a Hopalong Cassidy comic . GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Come to think of it, I'd like to nominate this cover to the "unnecessary dialogue" club...