• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEXAS Con Goers

4 posts in this topic

I'm sharing this here because to be honest I doubted someone would go to the General Discussions forums..

If you are a regular at the Texas Cons, you probably have heard of Aquaman SA, or also known as one of the nicest cosplayers in the state. He has done panels at Wizard World and he is scheduled to do one at WW SA next week, but he got a heart attack yesterday and he is recovery.

If you live in the Texas area and like this hobby you probably know that he helps a lot to several charities, visiting kids to the hospitals dressed as Aquaman, and he is always cool with everyone at the Cons.

He was unemployed but he was going to start his new job as a teacher in two days, but he is at the hospital...

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/v375/aquaman-s-recovery-fund

Hope you can help him, he is a really nice cosplayer!

Have a great day.

Damn, that really sucks. He really is a nice guy and it always brought a smile to my face having him in the Aquaman suit. Are they doing something at WE San Antonio for him by chance? I'll be there next weekend.

Damn, that really sucks. He really is a nice guy and it always brought a smile to my face having him in the Aquaman suit. Are they doing something at WE San Antonio for him by chance? I'll be there next weekend.

Not sure bro, he was scheduled to do one of his panels but he is still at the hospital. The last update I got was that he is responding through hand moves, so at least he is getting better :)

Latest update:

Jonathan aka Aquaman has fever and he can't breath without the breathing machine they tried slowing it down to see if he can breath on own unfortunately, at this time, he cannot.

Thank you again for all the prayers and positive thoughts please please keep them coming!!

The Vela Family

It's amazing all the stuff the Con Community in Texas is doing right now...Heart of Texas Con (Waco,TX) is donating part of their admission and table sales, Apple from Alamo City Comic Con is planning on holding an art event in San Antonio to get funds, even Fan Expo Dallas/Dallas Comic Con shared the Fundraiser link.