• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #31 – now doubled!

18 posts in this topic

I'm at around 5.5 on this. It presents very well but there's a lot of small creases and scuffing around the edges of the book. That outside edge with the tear and creases don't help either.

I'm curious about the blue banner area to the left of the yellow I. Possible color touch? There is also a large but light diagonal crease starting at the top about 4 inches from the edge, angling down across the G and the N.

Thanks.

Such a small tear would make you grade this down below Fine?

I am not sure about it, at least by CGC standards. In hand it looks very nice.

About the diagonal UR crease: my scanner magnifies the tiniest roughness: it’s not a proper fold crease, it’s very superficial but it’s not been folded behind.

No color touch at all: it’s a star stamp. Never noticed before – very cool! Thanks for pointing it out! (thumbs u

Thanks everyone! :)

@ARK: there are minor cover creases, as Dr.X pointed out, but that one above is not a folding crease. What did you mean by "decent size"? They are pretty small, and not bad.

Hi Claudio, I'm just going over what I see in the scan and the crease in the corner is breaking color. The other crease going through the bad guys head between the spiders legs plus all the other small creases on the cover.

It seems to me to be an example of a book that is better looking than the technical grade.

Always like seeing your books in the PGM. :headbang:

Thank you Chris!

@ARK – thanks, I must show you my undercopy, as I am curious to see how much grade difference you‘d assign. I still see this one as no less than a FN, but of course I may be wrong. Probably because I tend not to go strictly by technical grades.

Without further ado, here it is! All is firmly attached.

ft09FXyh.jpg

c04ekN5h.jpg

Graded by the dealer as a:

VG+

Unless I'm missing something, the given grades seem a bit harsh. Should be an easy 6.5, and likely a 7.0 by current CGC standards. Super eye appeal. Nice one! (thumbs u

Both are nice, and the unclear part of each is near the issue #. Is that a hard crease on the first one, or a small tear? I'd call it a 6.5 +or- based on the crease/tear, even a 7.0 if it's a minor buggered edge there.

The reader copy is in the 5.0 range, still based on how bad the creases really are, or tears unseen.