• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Smite!

21 posts in this topic

I earned an award!

So, I've been unplugged since about mid-day on Friday to go enjoys some Scottish Highland Games and did't bother to log in this morning while I drank my coffee; so I was very surprised to find a best presentation award on my DC Go-Go Check Set. And since it is my birthday - I shall enjoy my birthday present.

Although I have diligently worked on my primary set for several years - and finally had it added as a competitive set this year - I really didn't expect it to be award worthy yet. Maybe in another couple of years of construction and adjustment.

I'm just overwhelmingly surprised.

Thank you -

Lee K

15751.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Happy birthday!!!! And congrats on the award!! I too finally won a Best Presentation award this year for my New Mutants set and a Best Copper Age award for my Mutant Massacre set! 2 awards in one year!

Your GoGo check set is amazing!!!! Don't sell yourself short. You may not have the majority of the books yet, but that's where the Best-in-age awards come in. This presentation award is acknowledgement of how you are presenting the books you DO have so far in the set.

Again, congrats and have a great birthday!!!

I got a rock.

Fleas sent me a text which had me check the awards right away. He was so surprised that he won two, he was surprised when I told him you won one. Which maybe is why when I sent you a text with the single word congrats, you didn't answer back. You're set is one of those sets that has truly opened my eyes to new things.

Thank you my friend.

Happy Hunting

OK Fleas - how do I add that award to my signature line? Not that I do a lot of posting on the boards...

Tnerb - you didn't get a response because I was 100% unplugged this weekend - no phone, no iPad, no computer. I really enjoy that every once in a while.

L

Go to your set, and If you're on a mobile device, tap and hold on the award icon to save the image. If you're on a computer, right click and save the image.

Then input the image into your photo hosting site, like photobucket. Then save the image link from the actual pic of the icon and input that link into your signature banner field in your profile.

Congrats Lee, and happy birthday! You don't look a day over 28!

"...and did't bother to log in this morning while I drank my coffee;" Shouldn't that read "...an I dinna bother ta log in this morn whilst I drank me cafe;" (Rahne style)?

Congrats Lee, and happy birthday! You don't look a day over 28!

"...and did't bother to log in this morning while I drank my coffee;" Shouldn't that read "...an I dinna bother ta log in this morn whilst I drank me cafe;" (Rahne style)?

lol lol

Oh, Aye! That's shore what he means t'be speak'n. :)

Happy birthday!!!! And congrats on the award!! I too finally won a Best Presentation award this year for my New Mutants set and a Best Copper Age award for my Mutant Massacre set! 2 awards in one year!

Your GoGo check set is amazing!!!! Don't sell yourself short. You may not have the majority of the books yet, but that's where the Best-in-age awards come in. This presentation award is acknowledgement of how you are presenting the books you DO have so far in the set.

Again, congrats and have a great birthday!!!

Your Mutant Massacre set is amazing :)

One of the best story lines in our hobby too.

Rahne is a *spoon* - which Webster's may describe as a female canine in season.

but - I'm sure - that if I was wearing my kilt this morning it might've come out more like this:

"ach, I'm such a crabbit 'fore me first mug o' cafe - I dinnent e'en log in this morn til I sat at me desk. 'magine me surprise when I did an foun' out I was an innernet sensation. What an wit' me wee, little set an' all."

Lee

Rahne is a *spoon* - which Webster's may describe as a female canine in season.

but - I'm sure - that if I was wearing my kilt this morning it might've come out more like this:

"ach, I'm such a crabbit 'fore me first mug o' cafe - I dinnent e'en log in this morn til I sat at me desk. 'magine me surprise when I did an foun' out I was an innernet sensation. What an wit' me wee, little set an' all."

Lee

lol lol lol lol

It's easy Tnerb - I just power everything off, get into my car with the manual transmission, manual steering, and manual brakes, and I drive out into those mountains I have right next door and enjoy some unsullied nature. Once I'm up in the hills I don't have any reception anyway.

Which 'other' book? the one that is sitting unopened in my studio until tonight? Yeah, I'll let you know...

Lee K

Happy Birthday and Congrats!

I have been a fan of your Go-Go Checkered Theme collection, and I'm happy it received the accolade it deserves.

I can imagine the pride you feel knowing your collection has received such praise and honor.

Congrats once again!

SW3D