• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED Edgar Church Books + Weird Mysteries #9 + Hulk #6 CLOSED

27 posts in this topic

HEY KIDS! BOMICS!

First unconditional :takeit: via post or PM wins. I accept Paypal, Personal Checks or Money Orders (Sorry no international money orders).

Shipping for raw comics in the US is $6 for Priority Mail boxed. Shipping for slabbed comics in the US is $10 for Priority Mail boxed. All comics shipped fully insured, of course. If the value of the package exceeds $250 it will be shipped with Signature Confirmation required.

PM for International quote.

No probation or Hall of Shame members.

Thanks for looking!

The Comics #9 - June 1938 - Edgar Church (Mile High) Pedigree - FR/G 1.5 Off-White Pages

This is also the exact copy that is pictured in the Gerber Photo-Journal Guide to Comics.

Super bright colors and gorgeous pages. This book presents beautifully, but the covers are almost completely split at the spine. (Hence the low grade.) Front and back covers are barely held together with about 3/4" of paper at the bottom staple. The interior pages are virtually perfect.

Book has been cracked out but the old CGC label will be included. Being from June of 1938, this book could have been right next to the Mile High Action Comics #1 in the stack in Edgar Church's basement. :o

Price: $200

Comics-8-Label_zps1581f302.jpg

Comics-8-F_zps8c094aa9.jpg

Comics-8-B_zps11ae4911.jpg

Crackajack Funnies #16 - October 1939 - Edgar Church (Mile High) Pedigree - VG 4.0 Off-White to White Pages

This is also the exact copy that is pictured in the Gerber Photo-Journal Guide to Comic Books.

Another book that presents well. Would be a much higher grade, but one interior page has been torn in half and taped back together. CGC label reads: "18th page torn in half and re-attached with 3 pieces of tape." This is obviously an old repair, perhaps Edgar Church did it himself.

Book has been cracked out but the old CGC label will be included.

Price: SOLD to marxistrev :news:

Crackajack-Funnies-16-Church-Label_zps6ff16f0b.jpg

Crackajack-Funnies-16-Church-F_zps1ef15215.jpg

Crackajack-Funnies-16-Church-B_zps328421f1.jpg

Weird Mysteries #9 - March 1954 - Bethlehem Pedigree - Off-White Pages

Book has never been slabbed to my knowledge. No restoration.

Overstreet notes "Excessive violence, gore & torture".

Flat, bright and super glossy. Slight spine roll as you can see in the scans. I suppose the spine misalignment could be fixed and the book could be pressed into a nice higher grade copy, if you chose to go that route. Full date stamp and store stamp on back cover that is typical of the Bethlehem Pedigree copies.

Price: SOLD to The-Collector :news:

weirdmysteries9-coa_zps429404ce.jpg

weirdmysteries9-f_zps3b641ac8.jpg

weirdmysteries9-b_zps30491a6f.jpg

Flat, bright and super glossy. Slight spine roll as you can see in the scans. I suppose the spine misalignment could be fixed and the book could be pressed into a nice higher grade copy, if you chose to go that route. Full date stamp and store stamp on back cover that is typical of the Bethlehem Pedigree copies.

Price: $350

Take it

Take it

I was on the fence with this one as well. Congrats to both the buyer and seller! :applause:

Take it

I was on the fence with this one as well. Congrats to both the buyer and seller! :applause:

It was a no brainer for me. Rare, PCH, pedigree and priced at pretty much what a 7.0 sold for two years ago.

The Comics #9 - June 1938 - Edgar Church (Mile High) Pedigree - FR/G 1.5 Off-White Pages

This is also the exact copy that is pictured in the Gerber Photo-Journal Guide to Comics.

Super bright colors and gorgeous pages. This book presents beautifully, but the covers are almost completely split at the spine. (Hence the low grade.) Front and back covers are barely held together with about 3/4" of paper at the bottom staple. The interior pages are virtually perfect.

Book has been cracked out but the old CGC label will be included. Being from June of 1938, this book could have been right next to the Mile High Action Comics #1 in the stack in Edgar Church's basement. :o

Comics-8-Label_zps1581f302.jpg

Comics-8-F_zps8c094aa9.jpg

Comics-8-B_zps11ae4911.jpg

:takeit:

takeit:

Argh! Anthony, let me know if you ever part with it!