• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Couple O' Noob Questions

7 posts in this topic

I tried some searching but it seemed futile. So, here goes:

1. What's PLOD stand for? :)

2. While I know what the GPA site is what I'm curious about is what it means when someone says they will pay full GPA or 10% off GPA. Is that based on one of the averages or just the last sale or what?

3. I saw this note on the usage guidelines of the selling area and I'm not sure what it means either: "Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases."

Thanks for any clarification!

I tried some searching but it seemed futile. So, here goes:

1. What's PLOD stand for? :)Purple Label of Death (ie Restored comic)

2. While I know what the GPA site is what I'm curious about is what it means when someone says they will pay full GPA or 10% off GPA. Is that based on one of the averages or just the last sale or what? Probably depends on the person. I take it to mean the last sale. I'd note the average if that's what I meant.

3. I saw this note on the usage guidelines of the selling area and I'm not sure what it means either: "Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases." PP Personal is option you can use to send money to friends/family without a PP fee. It offers the buyer noprotection and is not supposed to be used(per PP) for business transactions

Thanks for any clarification!

See above

1 - Purple Label of Doom - Name comes from the perception regarding restored and conserved books. The perception leads to diminished value, hence the 'doom' part.

2 - GPA is basically the stock market tracker for CGC graded comic books. As far as the second part of that question... that is a good question and one I cannot answer.

3 - Personal Payment in that the payment will not cause paypal to deduct fees under the disguise of a money transfer are not allowed since it cheats Paypal and can potentially cause the buyer to lose any and all protection in a transaction should the deal go south.

That was surprisingly fast. Don't you guys have jobs? *cough - I should be working - cough*

Thanks! While I understood that PLOD was a negative term now I get why it was so very negative.

That was surprisingly fast. Don't you guys have jobs? *cough - I should be working - cough*

Thanks! While I understood that PLOD was a negative term now I get why it was so very negative.

Just in case: GLOD is green label of death (or doom). Usually connotes a missing page or unverified signature. However, on the latter, if you follow up later with a verified sig, it converts to yellow for that sig or sigs but, I "think" still says something like handwriting on the cover.

Also, on the PLODs, there is a theory that I've talked with a few people about about how resto shouldn't be a PLOD as resto in other collector hobbies isn't PLOD so why should it be in comics. I don't know that there's a market shift coming but, except for trimming, PLOD may not be so PLOD-ish in the future.