• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #66 – which should I choose?

14 posts in this topic

Here’s the final showdown between me and FF #66! :insane:

One of my favorites books/covers ever, and I have nailed down three copies in the VF to VFNM range which I am very happy with.

Copy A was my original copy: good centering, but yellower cover paper. Well coverage of black ink on interiors.

Copy B has great centering, white cover stock but has an inside cover stain and weaker coverage of black ink on the interiors.

Copy C, which I just got, would be my favorite: white cover stock, about white pages, well printed interiors – would be if not for some miswrap. Dang!

Which should I choose? :D

(The background of the scans is different, but they should have all been scanned with the same scanner setup, and thus be represented consistently).

kSqPGGvm.jpg hD6dLXXm.jpg Q5fC0D2m.jpg

B3A7kEnm.jpg 4o3e30tm.jpg NZ7WOPmm.jpg

Many thanks Nick! – was about to PM you… lol

Yes, I’d be inclined towards C too… Too bad about the centering as I was already accustomed to the great centntering of the other copies… :(

I guess I’ve been luckier on this one compared to #65 and #67.

I’d love to offer you a copy but I already promised a friend to sell one of the copies to him, and I think I’ll keep the other two for now as I’m still undecided… :sorry:

I have been less fortunate on the #67 though… if you remember, two copies damaged by yours truly :sick: – your copy is better from what I saw in your video.

Either B or C, depending on which minor flaw which barely detracts from a beautiful copy of a half-century old comic bothers you the least. Both are collection worthy.

Thanks guys, it‘s hard to choose. hm

FYI, A and B should be around VF+, and C was bought as a VFNM (and surely is nice).

I would choose B, even if it has a small water stain noticeable just on the inside cover, but I do care a lot about the best-printed interiors and the black ink coverage of B is not good.

C would be the perfect one, cover paper whiteness is awesome and interiors are perfect, but that miswrap annoys me a bit – simply because I have #64, #65 and #67 more or less perfectly centered.

@KDUK: Thanks for the interest, but as I told Nick, unfortunately I promised one to another friend, and for now I’ll keep the better two.