• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waking Up to a Package

8 posts in this topic

I thought I would have to wait all day.

The FedEx tracking estimated a Wednesday delivery, a day I happen to have off this week. On Tuesday night, I thought about how I might have to wait all day, I did not have any major plans, but I wanted to run a few errands, and I did not want to spend my entire day waiting. This package is an auction win from ComicLink and signatures are generally required. I'm not sure what time FedEx usually arrives in my neighborhood, I know UPS usually comes my way after 5:00 pm. For all my other FedEx/ComicLink purchases, I've arranged to pick them up at a store location after work to avoid seeing the dreadful sticker on the door informing me of a missed delivery. I had a rare chance to sleep in until 9:00 am this morning, it is overcast here and a good day to catch up on sleep. As my eyes started to slowly open, I grabbed my phone and checked my emails. The sleep quickly vanished from my eyes as the light from my phone screen projected to my retinas, where I read "delivered" in the subject line, the email time stamp was only 5 minutes old! I walked downstairs, disarmed the alarm, opened the front door, and there it was, a package waiting for me. I was excited to wake up to this; I put the package on the table, started the coffee, and turned on the lap top to go to the registry. My new book is a 9.8 copy of Action Comics #691, from September, 1993. The winning bid was only $27, so a signature was not required. Not a major purchase but still a cool book, I have not had a chance to add a piece from Action Comics, my favorite title, since September of last year. Now that I have this book registered, listed in my spread sheet and documented in a journal, I might as well go back to bed, it's still overcast. Brandon

15760.JPG

See more journals by Brandon Shepherd

Wow... you held off nearly a year buying an AC for your collection... now that's discipline!

It's always a great feeling waking up and finding a present... like Christmas in the summer.

Congrats!

SW3D

Wow... you held off nearly a year buying an AC for your collection... now that's discipline!

It's always a great feeling waking up and finding a present... like Christmas in the summer.

Congrats!

SW3D

Thanks SW3D! Unfortunately, discipline has nothing to do with it. Most ACs that come up for sale from the '70s through mid '90s are pieces I already have, or have less than white pages, or poor cover centering. I have yet to find any raw candidates for grading, so I just sit and wait on the dock of the bay, until a 9.8 I don't have comes in. :whistle: