• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afraid of SS Facilitator Companies losing Comics

40 posts in this topic

Without naming names, yet, if you answer the following questions, we may be able to figure out whether you even have any cause for concern:

(1) What show was the book signed at?

(2) Was it submitted Modern tier?

(3) Did you pay for Fast Tracking?

(4) Was there any international shipping involved (like from a Canadian or British show down to CGC)

Modern Tier Fast tracking here in the U.S.

It has been graded and ready to ship as of last week but on hold

How do you know it's on hold? Did someone at CGC tell you it's being held?

Did they say why it was being held?

I called CGC… the facilitator hasn't requested their shipment yet...they said the ball is in the facilitators hands… I had no power…

now my attempts to contact them have this resolved have come to no evail…

Without naming names, yet, if you answer the following questions, we may be able to figure out whether you even have any cause for concern:

(4) Was there any international shipping involved (like from a Canadian or British show down to CGC)

Do you have the White submission slip with a unique invoice number?

How do you know it's on hold? Did someone at CGC tell you it's being held?

Did they say why it was being held?

I called CGC… the facilitator hasn't requested their shipment yet...they said the ball is in the facilitators hands… I had no power…

now my attempts to contact them have this resolved have come to no evail…

Last week was San Diego Comic Con some of the busiest times for facilitators including the week after for some depending on the work load they received in submissions. Some of them go on vacation after this to recover. Normally I say they should answer in 48 hours, but give a little bit of extra time to contact you considering it was the biggest week for facilitators every year.

Last week was San Diego some of the busiest times for facilitators including the week after for some depending on the work load they received in submissions. Some of them go on vacation after this to recover. Normally I say they should answer in 48 hours, but give a little bit of extra time to contact you considering it was the biggest week for facilitators every year.

Thank you…

Im just seeking answers albeit they may be busy… I have not gotten any concrete ones from them…

Just worried is all

Last week was San Diego some of the busiest times for facilitators including the week after for some depending on the work load they received in submissions. Some of them go on vacation after this to recover. Normally I say they should answer in 48 hours, but give a little bit of extra time to contact you considering it was the biggest week for facilitators every year.

Thank you…

Im just seeking answers albeit they may be busy… I have not gotten any concrete ones from them…

Just worried is all

When did you contact them?

I would not call facilitators sister companies. Most facilitators are awesome and would never even think about taking your books. I cannot say that for all of them but you are pretty safe with 99% of the facilitators.

Agreed.

With that said, If anyone has an issue with a Dealer stealing there book we will handle that matter immediately, please call or email me call me and not assume on a message boards.

1.877.667.6642 x198 or mbalent@cgccomics.com

Thanks.

So in summary:

- Its been hard to contact your facilitator during the BUSIEST week of the year comic facilitating.

- You WERE able to contact CGC by phone, were able to give them an invoice # (provided by your facilitator) and confirmed that CGC has possession of your books, which have been graded but not mailed out yet.

- You don't understand the term 'sister-company' and maybe not '3rd party' or maybe both.

- You made a thread wondering what would happen if your facilitator 'stole' a $1000 book, even though its the busiest week of the year for facilitators AND CGC confirmed they have your book.

* I grant you your facilitator should probably keep in better contact.

Has anyone had any problems with getting their SS books back from a company that facilitates SS books to be graded Lets say they graded an expensive Modern book(lets say 1000 dollars) under the Modern Tier <200 then had the book signed by many people and have it grade very high(9.8) is it possible for them to say they lost the book and keep it for themselves? What options out there are there to protect the consumer from this???

Sorry I'm not sure anyone has answered your original question.

There is 100% foolproof plan against a facilitator stealing your book. Don't use one. Go get the book signed on your own with a CGC witness. (of course this assumes a facilitator won't break into CGC facilities and steal it, or rob your mail carrier, or rob your house once it gets there).

Ive tried all avenues available to me at this point and here on this forum seek answers or perhaps help from other people who have had such experiences… Since when has it been a crime to voice an opinion obviously this is a subjective point of view…

In my opinion a few things may be the reason for them holding shippment.

If they are having multiple books shipped together to save the cost of postage. Sucks but it is a business and the every dollar helps ideal may be what's a factor here.

It's a local Facilitator and they want to pickup there books in person. Understandable as USPS have a tendency of practicing drop kicks with anything marked fragile.

The Facilitator knew they would not be home and didn't want mail like that getting lost in the system (USPS) which does have a tendency to happen.

All are pretty viable reasons but would suggest calling or messaging your facilitator so they can explain in person.

In which I have…. but am relying on email communication bc they would not address the problem over the phone… thus a few days have passed… the book was fast tracked… what if I needed it shipped to me asap for varying reasons… I have no power from my end...

In my opinion a few things may be the reason for them holding shippment.

All are pretty viable reasons but would suggest calling or messaging your facilitator so they can explain in person.

Fair enough and thank you!

I would not call facilitators sister companies. Most facilitators are awesome and would never even think about taking your books. I cannot say that for all of them but you are pretty safe with 99% of the facilitators.

Agreed.

With that said, If anyone has an issue with a Dealer stealing there book we will handle that matter immediately, please call or email me call me and not assume on a message boards.

1.877.667.6642 x198 or mbalent@cgccomics.com

Thanks.

Ive tried all avenues available to me at this point and here on this forum seek answers or perhaps help from other people who have had such experiences Since when has it been a crime to voice an opinion obviously this is a subjective point of view

I think throwing around words like 'stealing' in a thread title where there is zero evidence to suggest that is extremely unnecessary. If you'd come with an explanation of your situation asking for help, things might have gone differently for you.

Basically your wondering out loud "What if the guy my daughter is dating is a terrorist?" Because its midnight and your daughter's curfew is 11pm and she ain't home yet from the concert they went to. She didn't text you back, but you found out on twitter that the musician is still in the middle of his 5th encore. Does it make sense to be concerned? Yes, your daughter is valuable, and you don't understand why she won't just text you.

But its probably not an act of terrorism, with your daughter as the target.

what I am saying is given my current situation whats out there to protect me if something like that happens… what steps or measures are available for me to utilize to prevent this… and whats there to be done…

Ive tried all avenues available to me at this point and here on this forum seek answers or perhaps help from other people who have had such experiences Since when has it been a crime to voice an opinion obviously this is a subjective point of view

I think throwing around words like 'stealing' in a thread title where there is zero evidence to suggest that is extremely unnecessary. If you'd come with an explanation of your situation asking for help, things might have gone differently for you.

Basically your wondering out loud "What if the guy my daughter is dating is a terrorist?" Because its midnight and your daughter's curfew is 11pm and she ain't home yet from the concert they went to. She didn't text you back, but you found out on twitter that the musician is still in the middle of his 5th encore. Does it make sense to be concerned? Yes, your daughter is valuable, and you don't understand why she won't just text you.

But its probably not an act of terrorism, with your daughter as the target.

This might be the greatest analogy in the history of written language.