• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread so open it hurts.

133 posts in this topic

It boggles my mind that anyone would waste their time for such a small amount. The book was a bit better than expected you say? :facepalm:

+1

If it was me I would have refunded the whole shipping cost due to my error but the $3 was the minimum I thought was fair. The book was nice but I would have possibly passed if I knew I would have spent 45 of my time and gas to pick it up at the post office. I asked for the $3 to alert him to the problem and I was pissed about the extra trip to the PO.

And would you have blocked the buyer?

Heck no. If they contacted me before posting a neg for my mistake they would be king in E-Bay land. I'd bend over backward to make up for my mistake but that's me and not him.

In this scenario I would be more inclined to block the buyer than the seller.

It boggles my mind that anyone would waste their time for such a small amount. The book was a bit better than expected you say? :facepalm:

I think that's a Canadian (international) mentality...we're all conditioned to pay no less than $20 for shipping & if something shows up before two weeks it's like Christmas came early.

:whee:

Seeing people gripe about $2 overcharges and something taking four whole days to travel from coast to coast is something we just need to try and understand, I guess.

(shrug)

lol

Or maybe a simple desire to complain about something and this is all they've got.

You can always go do something else . . like block me.

I usually don't block boardies but as you wish. What's your eBay handle?

I think that's a Canadian (international) mentality...we're all conditioned to pay no less than $20 for shipping & if something shows up before two weeks it's like Christmas came early.

:whee:

Seeing people gripe about $2 overcharges and something taking four whole days to travel from coast to coast is something we just need to try and understand, I guess.

(shrug)

lol

Or maybe a simple desire to complain about something and this is all they've got.

You can always go do something else . . like block me.

I usually don't block boardies but as you wish. What's your eBay handle?

Up to you - its all over the first post.

+1. I would not have bothered to do anything either. "Close enough" especially if I was happy with the book I received.

I do agree with the OP that the seller's responses could use some improvement.

I wouldn't ding the guy. He's just starting off. Heck, it took me 100+ transactions before I figured out the safest and most cost-effective shipping model. You got a nice book and Id cut the guy a little slack due to learning curve. Good karma has a way of coming back to you.

Yeah, it's a few extra bucks on shipping. It is what it is. Wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Definitely wouldn't have aired it out publicly in Comics General. :eek:

Fair enough. I didn't like his tone in his replies and thought I was being very reasonable with my request. I was just about to give him a low rating and a possible neutral pretty much for his aditude so I thought it wise to ask the group. In hindsight - probably not big enough to bring up in comic general I'd agree.

Yeah, it's a few extra bucks on shipping. It is what it is. Wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Definitely wouldn't have aired it out publicly in Comics General. :eek:

Fair enough. I didn't like his tone in his replies and thought I was being very reasonable with my request. I was just about to give him a low rating and a possible neutral pretty much for his aditude so I thought it wise to ask the group. In hindsight - probably not big enough to bring up in comic general I'd agree.

Can't you ding him on communication? There is a star rating for that, correct?

I'm not sure either is justified though as he is clearly new to selling on eBay…

I got my answer (quickly as usual) so I'll close the thread down and we can all move on to talking about the other slabbing companies and the gifting tree.

I'm not sure either is justified though as he is clearly new to selling on eBay…

But that's the point of the DSR. It's not a learn on the job kind of thing. Ding him on shipping cost and communication and move on.

Everyone has bad days.

:applause:

At the end of the day this is about the principal of the whole thing .... The way OP was treated ...

This person will continue to sell on the Bay and aggravating people ... It's like Chazz said in Bronx Tale .....what does he owe you $20 ... You got off cheap ...

But that's the point of the DSR. It's not a learn on the job kind of thing. Ding him on shipping cost and communication and move on.

+1

At some point, they will look and go "Wow, my customer service must suck!" and they can either choose:

A) "Boy, I should figure out how to change that by being NOT A DOUCHEROCKET", or

B) "It's an EBAY CONSPIRACY! They are driving down my DSRs on PURPOSE to get more money out of me every time I sell a book and they're in CAHOOTS with the post office because when I ship a book, it should only cost $5 but really it costs like $6 and they gotta pay for postal workers to drive cadillacs and :blahblah:

+1

At some point, they will look and go "Wow, my customer service must suck!" and they can either choose:

A) "Boy, I should figure out how to change that by being NOT A DOUCHEROCKET", or

B) "It's an EBAY CONSPIRACY! They are driving down my DSRs on PURPOSE to get more money out of me every time I sell a book and they're in CAHOOTS with the post office because when I ship a book, it should only cost $5 but really it costs like $6 and they gotta pay for postal workers to drive cadillacs and :blahblah:

Man if they are upset that the postal worker drives around in a cadillac how will they react when they find out that Italian State Police officers drive around in Lamborghini's?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/italian-police-roll-brand-new-lamborghini-n117461