• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Daredevil, Marvel's Batman?

93 posts in this topic

Wally Wood.

I just found out that Wally Wood inked Superboy #153.

That's a short run of Superboy comics I bought as much for having Wally Wood inks as for some excellent Neal Adams covers.

Wally Wood.

I just found out that Wally Wood inked Superboy #153.

That's a short run of Superboy comics I bought as much for having Wally Wood inks as for some excellent Neal Adams covers.

I can't see Wood's influence in the inks, as I think Swan's pencils are pretty heavy, but it was cool to discover. Of course, I have them for the Adams covers.

BUT IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE SERIES THE LAST 15 YEARS, YOU'LL KNOW ITS CONSISTENTLY BEEN THE BEST BOOK MARVEL TROTS OUT EACH MONTH!

This is true. Although I no longer get monthlies, when I did, DD was always the most consistent and best Marvel book.

I have always thought the concept behind Daredevil was original and brilliant. Of all super-heroes, he has the most plausible and useful secret identity. I mean, who would ever think this blind lawyer is really a guy in a red suit swinging around town and fighting crime. There is really no way anyone would ever suspect it (if he actually kept his secrets to himself that is). Being a lawyer also has the added benefit of allowing him to fight crime from two angles, with one identity aiding the other in a perfect symbiosis. Of course his secret weapon is his hyper-senses, not a flashy super-power, but ever so useful and if handled right by his writers, has made for some great scenes and plot angles, (and as far as I'm concerned, was displayed and used quite well in the Daredevil movie). So after all these years, I'm still impressed with Daredevil and think it is one of Stan Lee's best creations.

Very true! :devil:

153a0f93-ea62-4242-ae2b-a8b17a38d557_zps9d3b70ab.jpg

Yep, he'd kick Matt Murdock's .

D'oh! Uh, hmmm, I mean not that one!

Daredevil has always been my favorite Marvel character and Batman my favorite DC character (only DC character).

I think certain things play a part:

1) Rogue's gallery is a big part of it.

Batman - Joker, Riddler, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Ra's al Ghul and many others.

Daredevil - aside from Kingpin, Bullseye and Gladiator... The Owl, Leap Frog, Stilt Man, Purple Man (and I like the character), the Screamer, Ramrod.... a lot of fail.

2) Batman always had the detective aspect that was kind of cool. Daredevil - not so much. It was a layer that was lacking.

3) Batman had really cool gadgets and gizmos and technology. Daredevil had a billyclub.

4) Exposure - Batman had the TV series in the 60's, tons of movies, great animated series. Daredevil - 1 movie and cameos in the Fantastic Four and Spider-Man animated series.

I guess the comparison would be that they're both street level, vigilante heroes - which is why I sort of like the two of them. :headbang: And I agree that it's surprising that Daredevil isn't more popular than he is. The Miller runs, Bendis and Brubaker runs were all terrific and even Waid's run is great! Give it time with the new Netflix series coming it seems that his stock will continue to rise.

This! (thumbs u

He has always been a b-level character. Maybe because he is blind and his alter ego is hard or even not attractive to identify with?

I don't care if DD is a b or c, d…etc level character. He is one my favorite super heroes. The issues with Black Widow are awesome and of course the Frank Miller issues as well.