• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

should i CGC this

9 posts in this topic

love this original art that i bought form a comic con and I'm wondering if its worth grading? will i get a purple or green label? and if its not worth grading what type of frame do you all suggest?

2a59px.jpg[/img]

3508hsi.jpg[/img]

slabbing serves a few difference purposes

• confirmation of grade, which is useful if you have plans to sell a book at some point
  • check for restoration, which is useful for older books, or if you dont think you are good at finding restoration yourself
  • For the Signature Program you get "authentication" (via the witness program) that the book is signed/sketched by a certain person.

beyond that people slab books just cause they like how the look. They are no better protected than if you were to put your book in a mylar+fullback and slip it into a top loader.

Since your book wouldnt fall under the signature program (since it's already sketched and not witnessed), and its a book whos value isnt "grade dependent" (more just the art is the value of the book), spending the $$ to slab it doesnt make sense...

but if you just like the look of a slab go for it, it'll probably come back green (qualified).

I'd leave it raw and enjoy it as is.

They are no better protected than if you were to put your book in a mylar+fullback and slip it into a top loader.

I don't think I understand that one. If I sit on a slabbed comic it *might* break the outer protector leaving the comic in the same condition. If I sit on a comic in a mylar sleeve then bye bye book.

I've only seen one CGC case violently broken... I bought a slab on eBay and the clown sent it in a big manila envelope with no padding whatsoever. The slab was completely cracked in half, and at the point of breakage the book was severely creased. The sharp edges of the broken case contributed to the damage to the book.