• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX Advertisements on the Boards?

23 posts in this topic

Is this normal and I've never noticed?

There have been PGX listings showing up in the Ebay rolling advertisements since that rolled out. You may have missed it when this came up right at the beginning, and CGC turned the ads off for a few days. I guess they couldn't block them if they are still showing up.

technically its an ebay ad not a pgx ad

^^

well - technically the presser who cannot be named has a link on his homepage to a slabber who cannot be named which is nowhere near as obvious as an ebay link selling a slabbed comic form PGX

the difference? - I would bet the ad contract does not allow for the specific blocking of individual ebay sales and the only way to remove the ebay images would be to cut the ads completely and remove the revenue stream.

:whistle:

…and it's a cookie ad. Meaning you have been looking at PGX comics on ebay and now they are advertising on here for you.

Same thing happens if you look up anything on ebay or Amazon and then go to your Facebook without clearing cookies.

…and it's a cookie ad. Meaning you have been looking at PGX comics on ebay and now they are advertising on here for you.

Same thing happens if you look up anything on ebay or Amazon and then go to your Facebook without clearing cookies.

For shame! I've never looked at a PGX slab on eBay…

I think the scrolling ebay ad just searches for auctions ending soon with the word "graded" and the category "comics." I just saw a bunch of raws go by with this title: "5 vintage Archie comics 1970,71,72 73 74 non graded."

It may be too complicated to exclude phrases from this particular feature.

There are far more overt things going on when it comes to people providing links leading to goods offered by the competition. Like when it comes to Jeffro, I've heard things... things.

There are far more overt things going on when it comes to people providing links leading to goods offered by the competition. Like when it comes to Jeffro, I've heard things... things.

I infinity dog dare you to tell

I think the scrolling ebay ad just searches for auctions ending soon with the word "graded" and the category "comics." I just saw a bunch of raws go by with this title: "5 vintage Archie comics 1970,71,72 73 74 non graded."

^This

Even search for "CGC" on ebay can produce those PGX ads, especially if someone's ebay ad says "PGX, Like CGC"

^This

Even search for "CGC" on ebay can produce those PGX ads, especially if someone's ebay ad says "PGX, Like CGC"

yeah I always assumed that the ads were from feed that filtered looking for "CGC" so we get all the "PGX not CGC" listings as well as my favorite "CGC IT!" listings

Too late, cat's out of the bag, PGX collector. :grin:

Too late, cat's out of the bag, PGX collector. :grin:

Not necessarily-he could have been searching PGX to send mocking messages to the sellers

There are far more overt things going on when it comes to people providing links leading to goods offered by the competition. Like when it comes to Jeffro, I've heard things… things.

You're forcing the joke a bit :baiting:

In the past I have seen sellers link to their eBay sites where they are also selling PGX books. Are they not using this website to promote sales of the competition's work? If I am not allowed to sell another company's graded book in the sales forum, why am I allowed to use the sales forum to link to my eBay auctions that are selling books graded by another company?