• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

These are REAL!!! Just don't ask for the cert # !

33 posts in this topic

Just thought I would update you about how grey clouds have silver linings. As a result of this forum I saved myself $1000 US and a lot of heartache around these original auctions. The problem is that I really wanted an ASM #100 in 9.6. Well as luck would have it I got an email from Steve Lauterbach (COMGEEK) on Saturday letting me know that he had an asm #100 9.6. He let me know that he was seriously thinking of re submitting it to try and get a 9.8 but if I wanted it then I could have it.

I have dealt with Steve for 18 months now and trust him implicitly and when he says it is a 9.75 I believe him. The deal has been done and to be honest I feel I got it for $1000 less than I am paying.

I love ebay, I love sniping, I love getting a bargain, but let's face it when you really are going to lay down some money for an high end book you really should only go with those you know.

As for neg'ing this guy. To be honest it wasn't a hard decision. My feedback stands for itself and I am not going to get an ulcer because I now have one in the red column. I am concerned that some people who paid for these books the first time around have been shafted big time.

If anybody can let me know how to create an alternative user id then I would certainly make sure that this guy doesn't sell any of those books.

shroom,

You can get his negatives removed once this guy is Not a registered user. I have sent CGC as well as ebay information and i'd recommend that you work with other buyers of his scam auctions to get this guy banned from ebay. After ebay receives all of this info from everyone, I am sure they would be more than happy to remove his comments from your feedback record.

Good LUck

He just wrote me back and told me he bought these items at an estate sale, opening them up to read the "adds(he can't spell) for x-ray glasses and things like that". He said he put them back in the case when he was done. The auctions are still "live". Why won't EBay respond to the previous complaints?

O.K. The first time he ran these, everyone thought that he didn't have the books but stole the scans from Heritage or another site. He didn't supply real cert numbers nor was he willing to meet someone in person to show the books. But now he has pics of the books with broken CGC cases. This guy is definetely shady, but I'm thinking he might actually have these books in stated condition. What I'm worried about is that they are stolen property and that's why he's being evasive. Does anyone know if anyone legitimately bought any of the CGC books the first time around? Someone did buy the lot of raw Spidey books and left positive feedback. Thoughts?

I don't think anyone ever though that his scans were stolen. The picture quality is so poor that I doubt heritage or anyone for that matter would want to claim such cheesy pictures. Does he have these books? Possibly, it could even be cheap covers printed out on paper. In the stated condition? A big NO.

He revised his plan because buyers were being emailed to ask for verification and what not and he couldn't provide correct information to verify that he did in fact have these particular books in advertised grade. This is not stolen property, but low grade junk that he's trying to pass off as CGC graded. He even went as far as making his auctions private to put an end to scam buster ID's that we have made and to prevent others from emailing the ignorant buyers.

I hope CGC or someone goes after this guy and arrests him.

Nah, I think he has them, but they're low grade. He auctioned off runs of books a while ago, but notice every issue he's trying to sell as cgc graded is missing from these runs. Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32747&item=2155758078

Most of the missing #'s were listed as CGC high grades. He probably had these runs in low grade, and is trying to sell the more choice books as higher grades.