• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My research on ideal slab storage methods- a lengthy but comprehensive read....
3 3

64 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2022 at 3:15 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I bury all of my slabs in my backyard. Although it clearly frees space in my house, the digging gets to be tedious. :blush:

But do you lay them flat, vertical or staples down???? (shrug)

On 4/21/2022 at 10:53 AM, lostboys said:

It depends how they land when I toss them into the holes. :facepalm:

On 4/21/2022 at 11:07 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 4/21/2022 at 9:53 AM, lostboys said:

It depends how they land when I toss them into the holes.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bsxmc6kh9khplo3hb9kf

So I have started using filing cabinets to store my graded books.  You are able to adjust the depth and make them fit nicley, but there is usually a lot of depth behind which is unused.  I have started to fill this empty space with Comics, double bagged.  One is a modern or silver bag and board, and then another in a magazine Bag and board.  This allows the books to fit perfectly horizontally in the cabinet. 

My question is, normally when I stored books vertically I did then front to back to try and avoid spine rolls and the pitch which shows up in a box when all of the spines are on one side.  With them being stored vertically spine down, there does not seem to be any need to do the front to back as they are all spine down.  Should I be going spine down then spine up every other book, or am I over thinking things?