• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC recognized first appearances?

7 posts in this topic

I've noticed on the CGC label for Fantastic Four 62 it only says Blastaar appearance. Is it not recognized as the first appearance? I've also noticed that the label of Marvel Two-In-one Annual 2 does not mention Master Order and Lord Chaos first appearances. I understand they cannot mention every single first appearance ever of everything. But are these characters just not important enough to mention on labels? (shrug)

They also do not label Sunfire and Big Hero 6 #1as the first appearance of Big Hero 6.

And I know Alpha Flight #17 was suppose to be the first appearance, but it came out months later and it is label "Big Hero Six appearance".

I've noticed on the CGC label for Fantastic Four 62 it only says Blastaar appearance. Is it not recognized as the first appearance? I've also noticed that the label of Marvel Two-In-one Annual 2 does not mention Master Order and Lord Chaos first appearances. I understand they cannot mention every single first appearance ever of everything. But are these characters just not important enough to mention on labels? (shrug)

CGC has made errors before on labels, and when notified with clear corrections will adjust what is noted.

Hellboy's 1st appearance was noted as John Byrne's Next Men #21 for a few years before CGC had it pointed out he had a prototype appearance on the cover of Dime Press #4, and then a final 4-page 1st appearance in San Diego Comic-Con Comic #2. CGC corrected the labels afterwards.

So just shoot a note to Gemma or Bradley, with the details, and they will take care of the rest once verified.