• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sometime Heritage Auctions makes me shake my head with their answers to emails

6 posts in this topic

I got an email saying Heritage is coming to Toronto to accept consignments for their upcoming Auction. They say if your have questions email Lon.

So I send them an email saying what kind of artists are they looking for? any particular genres of Art...

I get a response back..

We Want Valuable Art... That's it

Really Lon.. I never would have guessed Thanks for clarifying it for me

I talked to Steve, about 9 months ago, when I was interested in consigning some art, he was very helpful and informative.

I think HAs policy has changed since then, wanting more high end stuff for the feature auctions(5k minimum) but I would expect a better answer than we want expensive art!

I got an email saying Heritage is coming to Toronto to accept consignments for their upcoming Auction. They say if your have questions email Lon.

So I send them an email saying what kind of artists are they looking for? any particular genres of Art...

I get a response back..

Yes, not much of an answer on Heritage's part, but with due respect, I'm not sure what the point of your question was. If you've ever witnessed their auctions, you know what kind of artists and genres they are looking for. Again, not trying to be a , but what is the answer they could have given you that would have been more instructive? (shrug)

Scott

I get a response back..

Yes, not much of an answer on Heritage's part, but with due respect, I'm not sure what the point of your question was. If you've ever witnessed their auctions, you know what kind of artists and genres they are looking for. Again, not trying to be a , but what is the answer they could have given you that would have been more instructive? (shrug)

Scott

I was Just expecting something a bit more professional.

Something along the lines of...

Hello Sam

We are looking for art with a value of $XXX.

Thanks Lon

I have consigned with them before. and gotten great prices from them.

I get a response back..

Scott

Hello Sam

Thanks Lon

OK, got it it. Inquiring if there is a valuation cutoff in order to qualify for a certain type of auction would be worthwhile information. Your original post said you were inquiring about what sort of art and genres they wanted, which is what I didn't understand.

Scott

I get a response back..

Scott

Hello Sam

Thanks Lon

OK, got it it. Inquiring if there is a valuation cutoff in order to qualify for a certain type of auction would be worthwhile information. Your original post said you were inquiring about what sort of art and genres they wanted, which is what I didn't understand.

Scott

My bad doh!

I did ask that but I also asked bout cutoff.

I did make it as clear

that's what I get for typing at work