• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First they were CGG, then PGA, NOW PGX!!!!!

203 posts in this topic

I don't blame them for that. They are right. In order to steal a little business I think it is appropriate to use the cheaper pricing and faster turnaround as selling points in the comparison.

I did notice they have a sample of the new label. Looks like it will state PGX instead of PGA. Luckily I had only submitted one batch which received the PGA label. Let's hope they can stick with the new name this time.

What a crappy site.

I dunno. Sure it's not at the level of the CGC site, but it's workable. I personally wouldn't complain about this version of their site. Looks decent enought to me. Easy to navigate, all information available, more info than before. In my opinion this is the first time they actually look professional. IMO, of course.

What is the difference between PGA/PGX and CGC? Are PGA graded books just as good as CGC? confused-smiley-013.gif

Major difference being the restoration detection is subject to scrutiny (PGX). I'd use them for cheaper Modern books or when turnaround time is paramount. Haven't used them yet, though.

So all CGC has the Resto check and the "Industry Standard" thing going for it right now? Anything else? The latter will change over time, so if CGGPGAPGX can establish a reputation for being able to detect quality restoration, I don't know why anyone would pay so much more money to be without their comics for so much longer.

What a crappy site.

I dunno. Sure it's not at the level of the CGC site, but it's workable. I personally wouldn't complain about this version of their site. Looks decent enought to me. Easy to navigate, all information available, more info than before. In my opinion this is the first time they actually look professional. IMO, of course.

Sid the site looks alot better then the last two. Now they have to get their name in trade papers.

...if CGGPGAPGX can establish a reputation for being able to detect quality restoration, I don't know why anyone would pay so much more money to be without their comics for so much longer.

I agree, but its a confidence game--how will I know when they have improved? I'd love nothing more than to have a healthy competitor. Right now, we have a confused entrant.

I promise to give them a shot before passing my biased comments along.

What a crappy site.

Except for the cheesy, graphic heavy look and feel, the equally cheesy 1999 style rollover buttons, the reliance on image text, and the fact that the HOMEPAGE button doesn't work, I'd almost agree with you. As it stands, it's crappy.

Thus far, I don't own any CGG/PGA/PGX,etc. graded books. However, if I see a good deal on a modern or bronze age book, I may pull the trigger. That being said, I'm still not going to take a chance of encapsulating some of my raw collection in a brand name that may be out of business in 2 or 3 years. They need to establish themselves with some high-end dealers first before I even think about jumping ship.

Huh? I understand the first name change, but did they get in trouble again being associated with golf or something? Are my new PGA labels now gonna be outdated too? frustrated.gif

At least the website is starting to look better.

http://www.pgacomics.com/

There was a discussion on the CPG forums recently between me and some other people (including Daniel) about how difficult it was to find comic related items when searching the term "PGA" on ebay. The suggestion was raised that they should change it to make finding their books easier. They listened. thumbsup2.gif