• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fear #19 club....What the duck???

53 posts in this topic

Hmm, well that does seem like a lot for a 9.0. had it been a 9.6 i wouldn't have been as shocked as maybe 9.8s are near impossible/haven't been pulled from storage. The issue has always sold for a premium, although I suspect because he's not on the cover it gets tossed into dollar boxes now and then when dealers forget. Luckily I think this may take a little while to start heating up so I have time to check my boxes for this one. If I own it, it was because of Man Thing on the cover, I wouldn't have known off the top of my head that it was the HTD issue (only so much krap I can fit into my head).

I understand movie hype, but I always thought it meant characters that were going to be in movies rather than just a cameo in one movie. Does anyone really think we're going to see a Howard the Duck movie again? Or that non-comic-buying public are going to be searching out Howard appearances from that cameo? It's all gone totally insane.

yeah, i don't know, unless howard is toting a large blaster or something I don't see it working too well. the comics were fun back in the day, but i don't see it translating well into a movie.

i think eric powell could do a great howard the duck. too bad it would be 7 months between issues.

I'm always amazed at the power of movie hype! I won't complain about this one as I was always a closet Howard fan and own three of these which will make it to Ebay soon. At first glance it looks like I've got an 8.5, 7.5 and a 7.0. Most likely will sell my Howie 1 and 2 as well.

Still ticked off that I never up-graded my copy when I had the chance :cry:

I’m in the same boat as you with many other books, Ronnie. :(

BTW, the italian Black Kitty you kindly left me was gifted in a charity thread. Hoped this to square things out in the best way!