• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fear #19 club....What the duck???

53 posts in this topic

That's a beauty Claudio :applause: Happy you gave that Black Cat a new home (thumbs u

Yes, I have to admit this time I am pretty happy with my current copy… not that I’d be spending some $200-300 for one without the overspray… lol

The Kitty was picked by Tivo32, and donation went to help Meeklo's cat surgery (quite apt for Felicia, I guessed :D ).

Here’s my Fear #19 at last – a pretty nice copy after all, if not for the upper right corner (a bit crunched).

The overspray makes it unique! :acclaim:

That overspray is actually pretty sweet (thumbs u

Here’s my Fear #19 at last – a pretty nice copy after all, if not for the upper right corner (a bit crunched).

Really? lol

Maybe you mean it’s sweet because it’s quite lenient on the book…

Funny thing is that I have a few books from the period whose overspray is along the spine, and not – as usually – on the top or bottom. And it is definitely overspray, I wonder by which criteria they applied it. :)

Really? lol

Funny thing is that I have a few books from the period whose overspray is along the spine, and not – as usually – on the top or bottom. And it is definitely overspray, I wonder by which criteria they applied it. :)

It covers up the white edge nicely and makes it look like an extension of the sky :)

Interesting, did you buy them all from the same place?

Really? lol

It covers up the white edge nicely and makes it look like an extension of the sky :)

Interesting, did you buy them all from the same place?

They were probably all Gary Dolgoff books – for sure my Amazing Adventures #11 and #18 (first Beast and first Killraven) have the same kind of overspray, and they were both from Gary. Gary was… :cloud9: for us poor european collectors.

Well...I'm out of the club. Just packed up this guy to send off to a new member.

IMG_20140801_0001_zpse4e4a625.jpg

What was the sale price? :popcorn:

$300

Has a shot at a 9.6, but I feel it's closer to a 9.2-9.4. A cgc 9.0 just sold for $595, so the buyer should make out alright if he decides to slab it.

Well, Duck me running!!! :o I'm in the club, here is my copy. I grade it 8.5/9.0. (maybe 9.2 with a press)

Fear19_zps18375ead.jpeg

If sum1 had offered me $35 for it before I read this thread, I probably would have taken it. :facepalm: