• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Guardians' proves other space-based movies can work

Space-based comic characters  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Space-based comic characters

70 posts in this topic

on a similar vein, has anyone done a series based on Breaking Bad yet? seems like a no brainer considering that it has been done before for major movies like PLanet of the Apes and 2001 (can't think of a TV show right off) etc. Sales of those books would go through the roof-- maybe not a big collectible but so many people love that show.

I didn't see that coming.

WB Planning LEGION OF SUPERHEROES Movie

-------------------

"According to sources, Warners is quietly sending out the DC comic book Legion Of Superheroes to screenwriters & their reps for takes. For non-industry folks, what that means is that screenwriters check out the comic book and come up for a movie idea involving the characters from that comic. Those writers then go to the studio to pitch their idea. The studio then hires the screenwriter they feel has the best idea or take for the film."

-------------------

If true, GotG definitely has opened up new doors for space-based CBM properties.

:wishluck:

I guess Guardians has also made other space-based franchises want to be more like it as well.

Paramount Wants STAR TREK 3 To Be Like Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

:ohnoez:

-----------------

"They want the third film to be huge, and they want it to be huge overseas especially. They look at Rocket and Groot and then they look at Keenser and they wonder why he doesn't have more of a role." - Devin Faraci

-----------------

Any movie can work if there's solid characterization. Lame characters can have space warps etc up the yin-yang and it will still suck.

See 'Phantom Menace'

They can do a Adam Strange movie as lone as Carmine Infantino comes nowhere near it.

?

care to delve further into this?

Well, the guy's passed on so chances are he won't be focused to much on the movie...which is too bad 'cuz Cinfa's the best! If they can get his design aesthetic in an Adam Strange movie that'll be awesome!

Grim Jack (start with the Demon Wars and gooooooooooooo.... :D )

I would love to see a well-done Grimjack movie. That would be killer!

grimjack1c.JPG

Maybe someone can send a package of Grimjack comics to Tim Burton. He talked about not being opposed to returning to a 'superhero' movie, though men in tights is what he is getting frustrated with.

Tim Burton Might Make Another Superhero Movie; But Is Bored Of The MARVEL Formula

Grimjack doesn't do tights!

:sumo:

Any movie can work if there's solid characterization. Lame characters can have space warps etc up the yin-yang and it will still suck.

See 'Phantom Menace'

characterization and story. You can have some super characters and actors, and a horrible story.

I think in the right hands, the original Elektra and Daredevil movies could have been spectacular. What the director was thinking with that heavy focus on kid in Elektra rather than the main character, I just don't get. It killed the movie.

Grim Jack (start with the Demon Wars and gooooooooooooo.... :D )

I would love to see a well-done Grimjack movie. That would be killer!

grimjack1c.JPG

Maybe someone can send a package of Grimjack comics to Tim Burton. He talked about not being opposed to returning to a 'superhero' movie, though men in tights is what he is getting frustrated with.

Tim Burton Might Make Another Superhero Movie; But Is Bored Of The MARVEL Formula

Grimjack doesn't do tights!

:sumo:

Most of the Marvel movie heroes don`t wear tights. They mostly have armor.

Even Batman wears armor now, so Burton might be out of the loop now? hm