• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man #1 *SOLD*

74 posts in this topic

I just buy a book here and there (just bought a DD #1 last week!) and otherwise hardly participate. I don't judge those that make this their business, although it does inevitably make it harder for the hobbyists.

I am/was a hobbyist and seller. I bought books to sell to pay for my personal collection stuff. There's a lot of those guys here - and you have to be Johnny-on-the-spot for sales stuff and lurk in the sales section to take advantage.

Personally, I think it's unfortunate you missed out on the IM#1, and I am skeptical of the idea that someone takes the time to write a I'll Take It PM about a book that is 4X less than FMV instead of slapping it in the thread as fast as possible. But, it's not my place to judge.

Hopefully, the OP will revise his rules for his next sale, as he seems like an amiacable guy.

My advice is use the WTB section. There are many great resellers and comic book owners here. They know comics and how to grade comics (which I am not very good at) and usually have great prices. This isn't to say you can't get lucky and get good comics here but as far as resellers go the guys here are typically top notch.

I find this funny as the one who just chimed in earlier had a post on the WTB thread. I sent him a pm with the book, grades and prices wanna know what his response was give you a hint it is my next line of text:

Sorry for not responding to your PM. I should of politely declined your prices but I figured you'd realize I wasn't interested when I didn't reply. I'll know now for future reference.

I apologize for opening up a can of worms in this thread. Feel like there's a better place for this to be discussed. I'm not judging anybody about how or why they buy or sell their books. That's their business. I'm just saying don't be a jerk and basically call someone a liar just because you didn't catch the deal of the day.

I just buy a book here and there (just bought a DD #1 last week!) and otherwise hardly participate. I don't judge those that make this their business, although it does inevitably make it harder for the hobbyists.

I am/was a hobbyist and seller. I bought books to sell to pay for my personal collection stuff. There's a lot of those guys here - and you have to be Johnny-on-the-spot for sales stuff and lurk in the sales section to take advantage.

Personally, I think it's unfortunate you missed out on the IM#1, and I am skeptical of the idea that someone takes the time to write a I'll Take It PM about a book that is 4X less than FMV instead of slapping it in the thread as fast as possible. But, it's not my place to judge.

Hopefully, the OP will revise his rules for his next sale, as he seems like an amiacable guy.

Well to be fair to the buyer by looking at his PM to the seller... he was just making sure it was OK to pay a few days later before publicly declaring a take it as a courtousy to the seller.

Honestly before the complaints started coming in from those that missed out .... this was a polite sale on both sides of the counter .

Well to be fair to the buyer by looking at his PM to the seller... he was just making sure it was OK to pay a few days later before publicly declaring a take it as a courtousy to the seller.

Honestly before the complaints started coming in from those that missed out .... this was a polite sale on both sides of the counter .

Does sending payment in 2 days warrant a PM? I usually start pestering people to pay up after a week.

But more on the actual issue, OP seems very nice to not get P-O'd about basically an accusation against his integrity.

Also highlights that maybe people should spelled out their thread rules a little more clearly.

I didn't post, but it was making me angry about that. I have sold many comics to many members here, including some who have posted in this thread. No issues in my kudos thread either. I have other not as good comics left to sell, but I wanted this one to be my last one here.

I should have made rules more clear but I hadn't made a sales thread in a long time here and was going off memory. However, I didn't think it was gonna be this big of an issue. As for the price, well, I wish I had done a bit more research on it like I used to do. I guess me having last years OS Guide got the buyer a nice deal.

I'm done posting in here now. Sucks my last sale here had to bring up so much drama, but thanks to all who defended and have bought things from me in the past. It was a great and fun exp overall.

But more on the actual issue, OP seems very nice to not get P-O'd about basically an accusation against his integrity.

Also highlights that maybe people should spelled out their thread rules a little more clearly.

I didn't post, but it was making me angry about that. I have sold many comics to many members here, including some who have posted in this thread. No issues in my kudos thread either. I have other not as good comics left to sell, but I wanted this one to be my last one here.

I should have made rules more clear but I hadn't made a sales thread in a long time here and was going off memory. However, I didn't think it was gonna be this big of an issue. As for the price, well, I wish I had done a bit more research on it like I used to do. I guess me having last years OS Guide got the buyer a nice deal.

I'm done posting in here now. Sucks my last sale here had to bring up so much drama, but thanks to all who defended and have bought things from me in the past. It was a great and fun exp overall.

Dude, you did nothing wrong.

This place is like high school at times with all the drama....

Does sending payment in 2 days warrant a PM? I usually start pestering people to pay up after a week.

2 days I don't think warrants a PM. I am the same way, I do however expect payment within a week.

Since we don't know who the buyer is and he may be new... I'm just stating that it was polite of him to ask the seller.

I wish every buyer was that courteous. Don't miss the point that "he asked" to avoid an issue with the seller. You might not think that 2 days warrants a PM... but maybe that buyer did ;)