• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Iron Man series

25 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say that the new Iron Man series is looking great! The story is very interesting and the art is fantastic.

Anyone else liking the looks of this one? I am eagerly awaiting issue #2 in the series.

Just wanted to say that the new Iron Man series is looking great! The story is very interesting and the art is fantastic.

Anyone else liking the looks of this one? I am eagerly awaiting issue #2 in the series.

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

gossip.gifYou are right on the new Iron Man.

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

gossip.gifYou are right on the new Iron Man.

Oh my god.

Is anyone else seeing this?

gossip.gif

Oh my god.

What?

Some guy whispering sweet nothings into another guys ear?

No! The Brain made it through an ENTIRE POST (complete with words) with NO TYPOS!

I am a changed man,after my meeting with POV, he has given me a system to post better.

MAJORKHAOS :THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS thumbsup2.gif

No! The Brain made it through an ENTIRE POST (complete with words) with NO TYPOS!

I am a changed man,after my meeting with POV, he has given me a system to post better.

Okay, I'll bite:

How in the world does POV of all people help someone with their keyboarding skills?!?!?

27_laughing.gif

I really enjoyed #1.

gossip.gif

Oh my god.

What?

Some guy whispering sweet nothings into another guys ear?

And we are back to typo land!!

Not enough space with the comma after changed man!

Okay, I'll bite:

How in the world does POV of all people help someone with their keyboarding skills?!?!?

27_laughing.gif

probably by ignoring your posts. headbang.gif

Okay, I'll bite:

27_laughing.gif

Think slower, READ what you type, and always check the spelling.

It's too bad that Ellis is gone after the first arc.

The length of his run is annoying. He's doing a year (or more) on Ultimate Fantastic Four; 18 issues of the Ultimate Secret/Nightmare/Whatever series; and this, the one out of them all that most reads like a "Warren Ellis" story, he's only doing six issues? frustrated.gif

Apparently, he picked the team that's following him. If you listen to him talk about it's going to be the best thing ever. We'll see...

I really enjoyed #1.

Issue one was decent, but I'm not ready for such realistic art just yet wink.gif Plus, I've never been a huge IM fan, and I can't afford to add a 26th book to my list every month 27_laughing.gif

But #1 was good and it seems like this will at least be a great arc.

I read my #2 Marvel Sneak Peaks last week and it gets even better! Looks like Iron Man is finaly back to being a book worth reading!!!

My question is, was it necessary to relaunch it and start over to get it that way?

Tilleycs...

In a word... No, they should of and could of kept it as it was with the numbering, especialy with all the fan fare of 'going back to original numbering'... but then, how could Marvel cash in on a new #1 without doing it. From a retailers point of view, it helped sales, from the point on view of someone (ME) who has a full run of iron Man since day one, its a slight pain in the [#@$%!!!] in my database, but to be honest I wasnt that bothered as I got what I want... Iron Man back to being a cool book!!

Tilleycs...

In a word... No, they should of and could of kept it as it was with the numbering, especialy with all the fan fare of 'going back to original numbering'... but then, how could Marvel cash in on a new #1 without doing it. From a retailers point of view, it helped sales, from the point on view of someone (ME) who has a full run of iron Man since day one, its a slight pain in the [#@$%!!!] in my database, but to be honest I wasnt that bothered as I got what I want... Iron Man back to being a cool book!!

You have BMB to thank for that. The only reason the Cap, Thunderbolts, and Iron Man titles are starting anew is due to Avengers Disassembled. I guess to further separate the titles from the late Avengers title. I've never been a huge IM fan, but I have picked up the first two issues of this new series. Great artwork and you gotta love Ellis.

Trying not to spoil the 2nd issue:

The sequential flow went well. I had issues with the Jerry Garcia wannabe, mushroom abusing hippie know it all Yoda type that they threw in there. His very presence in the issue kept me from thoroughly enjoying my read. thumbsup2.gif The carnage caused by the extremis user, but how is he doing all of that stuff beyond what Cap America can do? So who is this Maya - biochem equivalent of Tony Stark from his past? How long before she and Tony are under the sheets? sleeping.gif

In issue 3, I hope they kill off the hippie mentor - what a total dork...