• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Photos? Is this for real or...

85 posts in this topic

It would also be interesting to know how repros are determined from originals and what the grading system is.

893naughty-thumb.gifAncient Chinese Secret !

OK - I KNOW I have heard that - a movie? Will I go foreheadslap.gif 10 seconds after I click Continue?

You'll still go foreheadslap.gif !

Soap commercial. Which laundry soap? I don't recall. sorry.gif

It would also be interesting to know how repros are determined from originals and what the grading system is.

OK - I KNOW I have heard that - a movie? Will I go foreheadslap.gif 10 seconds after I click Continue?

You're right. I do not recall the soap but at least recall the commercial. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Less than effective advertising!

You're right. I do not recall the soap but at least recall the commercial. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Less than effective advertising!

893whatthe.gif

Four sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif out of Five sumo.gif use it! 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif

Four sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif out of Five sumo.gif use it! 27_laughing.gif

Sorry! Still no soap! 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif

Sorry! Still no soap! 27_laughing.gif

Calgon Detergent

Calgon Detergent

Thanksd! I remember Calgon! I think it was around when Octagon dishwashing liquid (in the octagon shaped plastic bottle) was around. But dang I still cannot relate Calgon to the ad text. Wonder if that ad agency is still in biz!

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

And the thread is officially hijacked.

Moving on, I think the whole vintage-photo collecting thing could be pretty interesting. Vintage monster-movie photos would be a logical cross-connection to the comics world, kinda-sorta. I know there is at least one person here who collects old movie paper and tends to drop a sizable amount of $$ on it.

Two questions, though:

1. Why is this under the CGC label? or are the labels we've seen just prototypes until the real ones come out?

2. How intimately involved in this endeavor is JP's The Mint? Why is he getting the first crack at all this? Has anybody seen him buying up huge lots of vintage photos?

(Okay, that's five questions under two headings.) popcorn.gif

No kidding. Fortunately for CGC, this type of back-door company policy is apparently acceptable for most of the human doormats that suckle at their plastic-slabbed teat.

I wonder if they'll acknowledge THIS particular "advancement" around the same time that we actually hear an "official" word about their new restoration service?

Will someone please give Majorkhaos the attention he's begging for before the veins in his forehead pop?

No kidding. Fortunately for CGC, this type of back-door company policy is apparently acceptable for most of the human doormats that suckle at their plastic-slabbed teat.

I wonder if they'll acknowledge THIS particular "advancement" around the same time that we actually hear an "official" word about their new restoration service?

Will someone please give Majorkhaos the attention he's begging for before the veins in his forehead pop?

Hey Farkus,

There's a guy on the Boards named Team America who said you were a ! Why don't you spend some time chasing his tail? A BATTLE OF THE TARDS!! 27_laughing.gif

acclaim.gif

I don't see anything wrong with this,but I'd like to know what expertise the guys at CGC have with photos.

I'd be curious where they advertised this new service? Can't see where I'l be using it.

I actually don't see anything wrong with this either - it just took me by surprise. And I want to know how real it is.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with CGC grading photos, is there?

If CGC were to switch the brand of TP they use there would be forum members saying "What is this BS?!?! mad.gif" and ranting on and on about it. In fact, when Halperin made a comment about his investment in CGC not being real profitable, someone exclaimed "What are they gonna do next to make money!?!? mad.gif"

foreheadslap.gif

I agree, there's nothing wrong with CGC grading photos, is there?

Not as long as they mention potential pressing on the label or in the grading notes.

tongue.gif

Is there really that much pressing going on in the back-issue photo collecting hobby anyway? And how would you detect if if there was? confused-smiley-013.gif

tongue.gif

Hey Farkus,

There's a guy on the Boards named Team America who said you were a ! Why don't you spend some time chasing his tail? A BATTLE OF THE TARDS!! 27_laughing.gif

acclaim.gif

Bull [#@$%!!!]! All lies! I happen to be 100% in alignment with Farkie's eval of the Ginzu Twit...who is the biggest longest-running ongoing shill of them all. poke2.gif (watch, this'll be good for a dozen or so vitriolic posts from the Khaotic One as he attempts to prove his virility.....on a message board! 27_laughing.gif )

CGC needs to test run a product,who else would they team with but one of their bigger submitters?

For those who weren't around in the beginning,CGC went to a retailer summit and offered FREE slabbings to all present,just to get the ball rolling.

It clearly states in JPs ad that these are prototypes so obviously they are still in the R+D stage of this project. I understand how some of the members here feel this is somehow yet another example of an unfair playing field.Perhaps those members should find their own sand-box to play in.

I ,too, am shocked that CGC is out to try to make money,and would consider expanding their product line without consulting with their loyal fans and groupies.I suggest you buy all of the product you can,and burn it. That should teach them a lesson,eh?